Bouncy castle at 6.00 am

(11 Posts)
Collaborate Sat 23-Jul-16 06:41:26

Just that really. Going to bed last night at around 11.30 I could hear what I now know to be the BC fan being switched on and off. Then at 6.00am the bloody thing started up - and there are people/kids out there. Not shouting, but at that time of the morning their voices really carry.

Anyone got an air rifle I can borrow?

Can't work out which back garden it's coming from, but bracing myself for someone hosting a garden party in to the early hours this evening, with music louder than an aeroplane at take off.

So my AIBU is: WIBU to take my dog out tomorrow morning at 6.00 and ring their doorbell and ask if I can have a go?

timeforabrewnow Sat 23-Jul-16 06:46:12

YANBU - bounce and bounce some more

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sat 23-Jul-16 07:15:43

People are self absorbed ignorant fuck wits. On what planet do they think bouncing on a bouncy castle at 6am is ok?

OliviaStabler Sat 23-Jul-16 07:19:00

YANBU.

6am! What utter bastards.

DoreenLethal Sat 23-Jul-16 07:36:49

Cross your fingers it isn't there for the full summer hols.

We had one delivered at work yesterday. I am glad I'm not there for two weeks, when I get back it should have gone.

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 23-Jul-16 07:49:29

Well. I'm going to sound an utter dick now, but there may be another side to the story.

A few summers ago a lady moved next door to us. She's in her late forties and has a fondness for late-night parties during the summer. Each to their own and all that, she's entitled to do as she pleases. But she began doing it almost every weekend until gone 6am. It reached the point where I'd go round, ask her to turn it down (mostly Coldplay on repeat, fair do's but there's only so much Chris Martin any of us can stomach) and find her face-down on the lawn in a pile of vomit.

Fast forward a couple years and she's at it again; the neighbours on the other side of her have gone down the environmental health route and she's been issued as asbo by our local council, and last weekend she had another all-nighter. I was knackered, fed up and at 6am when DS2 came into our room dressed as Flash, decided it was the perfect time to get the DCs on the trampoline and get them all riled up and screechy. She appeared at our front door 30 minutes later pleading with us to keep it quiet. We may not have obliged.

So, this is a long-winded way of saying perhaps the bouncy-castle neighbours are pissed off at their other neighbours and using their DCs to punish them. They may also be dicks.

x2boys Sat 23-Jul-16 08:01:25

We had a bouncy castle for ds2 there a pain in the arse you have to keep taking them down and storing them this yr we got a trampoline for about 10-15 pounds more much easier as it just stays in the garden ( misses point of thread entirely)

Collaborate Sat 23-Jul-16 08:02:39

It's gone quiet - or maybe the usual background hum has masked the sound of the fan. Will update later. Probably after 11pm.

bombayflambe Sat 23-Jul-16 08:15:05

YANBU. Our neighbours at the bottom of our garden have done exactly the same thing and I am shattered. There's no shouting or shrieking but just the damn fan is enough to give me the rage.

mrsfuzzy Sat 23-Jul-16 11:34:54

collabrate i can help you out with that one grin what a shower of bastards !!

Collaborate Sat 23-Jul-16 12:13:21

I've identified the culprit. Looks like it will be for a kids party. The ting is massive. Party not yet started. But it's a good job they got it up at least 6 hours in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now