To be sitting here sweating due to heat?

(12 Posts)
Salmotrutta Fri 22-Jul-16 22:48:24

It's Scotland.

We don't do heat.

I blame the government.

Bastards. I

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 22:50:33

I'm not now but was gardening earlier and when I came back in I looked liked I had had a shower. Twas very attractive look

Salmotrutta Fri 22-Jul-16 22:50:33

That should be a angry

echelon Fri 22-Jul-16 22:51:02

Join the club. It's flipping 32c in my house. All the windows open, sitting here in nothing but a long vest watching tv and I'm roasting. Been sweating all day.

Salmotrutta Fri 22-Jul-16 22:51:33

Everybody is a bastard.

DanniiMinogue Fri 22-Jul-16 22:54:04

I have a Dyson fan - cost a fecking fortune but it is quite fabulous. I couldnt cope with the lack of sleep due to the v warm nights.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 22:54:41

Nope my parents were married when they had me!

BeMorePanda Fri 22-Jul-16 22:56:21

I took the DC for a swim after work. Washed the day away. It was lovely. First sweat free night all week (London) wink

TheLadyWithTheYellowHat Fri 22-Jul-16 22:56:26

Its finally raining in Manchester! Im stood outside having a cigarette getting absolutely soaked but im cold for the first time in days grin

Salmotrutta Fri 22-Jul-16 22:56:43

I know, I know, I live in Scotland for Christ's sake - we don't do "hot" here.

I can't deal with any heat!

SilentBob Fri 22-Jul-16 23:03:50

I'm a redhead. And a chef. And I live in the north west of fricking England. I have been working all damn day in a sweat box of a goddamn kitchen. I am not built for this.

I zapped the air- not even over the chargrill, mind, just the regular kitchen air- with my super-cool, fuck-knows-how-it-works whizzy temperature number zapper doozer today and got a reading of 54.3. Celsius. That's approximately the same reading one would get from the surface of the sun.

I need a new job. Icelandic fisher woman is looking dandy at the moment.

Salmotrutta Fri 22-Jul-16 23:03:51

idliketobeabutterfly - my "bastard" comment isn't literal!

My parents are very elderly and precious to me.

I drove my Dad (in his 80s) to a funeral today (one of his colleagues who had also known me when I was a little toddler) and I wonder how much longer I'll have him forsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now