Talk

Advanced search

Will the USA be the laughing stock of the world...

(24 Posts)
tidyfairy Fri 22-Jul-16 21:36:43

If Donald Trump manages to (somehow?) become president?

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Fri 22-Jul-16 21:37:44

It would be nice if they had a turn, we've been the world laughing stock since brexit

Cutecat78 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:37:47

Yes.

But fucking scary too.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 22-Jul-16 21:38:14

Yes, but I don't think the UK have any kind of moral high ground!

Cutecat78 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:38:49

hmm

tidyfairy Fri 22-Jul-16 21:39:41

Apart from Russia, because it would suit them.

reallybadidea Fri 22-Jul-16 21:42:56

Just by having him as a candidate I think they already are

tidyfairy Fri 22-Jul-16 21:43:03

majestic Yes indeed. The whole bloody world's gone mad.

monkeywithacowface Fri 22-Jul-16 21:47:49

If he gets in I think one day we'll look back as this year as being the beginning of the end. The world is a mess, there's so much hatred and violence. Instead of pulling together britains going it's seperate way and America may elect a madman.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Fri 22-Jul-16 21:49:19

Snopes said that one was false btw.

ForalltheSaints Fri 22-Jul-16 21:51:19

We already have beaten them to it by Brexit and Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 21:52:22

Personally I wonder if he is playing campaign bingo and got a card with types of people instead of numbers. He can mark each when he offends them and is trying for a full house. He may well win IMO

Heidi42 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:54:21

At least Boris is likeable and has his own hair. I don't know whose'sTrump has but it looks like he's got a Pekinese arse on his head

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 21:58:24

Found this pic on Facebook. Wondering if it hides his USB port and he is secretly a transformer... Robot in disguise.

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Fri 22-Jul-16 21:59:50

"If he gets in I think one day we'll look back as this year as being the beginning of the end."
2016 is starting to feel like it's a weird and frightening inversion of 1968.

caroldecker Fri 22-Jul-16 22:16:56

Is it legal to become President if your hair was not born in the USA?

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 22:17:40

Ah but he's just getting wiggly with it.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 22-Jul-16 22:18:05

Wiggy, bloody Autocorrect

Ifailed Fri 22-Jul-16 22:23:41

Why care? Even Obama realised that its the lobby groups who actually run the USA. The president is just a figurehead, FFS if they could elect Ronald Reagan and the world survived, then trumpy couldn't do any worse.

Theknacktoflying Fri 22-Jul-16 22:24:37

I don't think it will be funny at all - I just get this whole feeling that somehow the whole of the 1930's has been forgotten and it seems like blaming particular minorities or groups for all the woesand appealling to the LCD is just evil ....

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Fri 22-Jul-16 22:26:12

Yes, the USA would distract from Britain, as being the laughing stock. On a serious note, I wonder whether Donald Trump is genuinely suffering from the early stages of dementia and that's a very scary prospect.

ZedWoman Fri 22-Jul-16 22:29:53

I was talking to my Dad about this the other day.

He answered 'that's what they said about Ronald Reagan'.

RainbowJack Fri 22-Jul-16 22:32:51

Even if he did manage to become president I doubt he would get any bills passed.

All this wall business and other nonsense is just hot air to be controversial and get votes from the stupid or disenfranchised.

SistersOfPercy Fri 22-Jul-16 22:37:08

I was chatting to a lovely guy from ohio in a queue in London last week. He was quite apologetic over the whole thing and mortified that this was the presented image of Americans at present. He said they genuinely thought it a bit of a joke at first, then became horrified to realise he was serious.
We had a bit of a laugh, he didn't know what Trump meant in English and laughed like a drain when he realised Ivana Trump had a completely different meaning here (he updated via Facebook in the queue).

I think he was just quite desperate to let the world know that most Americans aren't knobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now