Talk

Advanced search

. . to post start a thread on behalf of DD?

(101 Posts)
ifancyagreencard Fri 22-Jul-16 15:46:48

DD(16) has been following the media attention being directed at the Off Grid Parents with interest (and incredulity . . .). She's looking forward to reading what the MN Jury has to say about this latest development!
www.fundmytravel.com/campaign/ng3EQl5kGR

Cutecat78 Fri 22-Jul-16 15:49:31

They sound like the kind of people I would steer well clear of smile

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 22-Jul-16 15:50:11

I just love this campaign. They want to be self sustaining.. As long as everyone else pays for said sustenance. Brilliant.

ssd Fri 22-Jul-16 15:51:20

jesus, no thanks I'll keep my money to myself thanks

ditavonteesed Fri 22-Jul-16 15:51:51

well I don;t really think it's off grid self sufficient parenting if they are expecting strangers to fund it.

Cutecat78 Fri 22-Jul-16 15:53:38

I think it should be renamed "lazy parenting".

They just can't be arsed to put any rules in place or pay for their own relocation.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Fri 22-Jul-16 15:57:27

Haha, love it. We're so self sufficient, we don't need society or its rules... But we'd like some of the money you've earnt being slaves to the system so we can set up a little farm/commune and basque in our own smugness.

One of the comments described them as self-indulgent and self-entitled... I think that's more accurate than self sufficient.

Flossiesmummy Fri 22-Jul-16 16:01:38

They couldn't even be arsed to spellcheck their own pitch for money. I'll pass thanks. hmm

marcopront Fri 22-Jul-16 16:02:32

It would help if they could spell the country they want to live in. At least I assume they mean Costa Rica not Costa Roca.

Chippednailvarnishing Fri 22-Jul-16 16:03:18

Well it was only £47 last night, so some muppet has been dumb enough to give them cash!

MollyTwo Fri 22-Jul-16 16:04:53

Lazy twats. Who would actually fund these idiots confused

basically setting up a GoFundMe so they can go live in a log cabin??

that wasn't very Good Life of them.

Queenbean Fri 22-Jul-16 16:05:06

Ha ha ha ha.

"We would love to be totally self sufficient. So long as you give us loads of money so we can be self sufficient. Oh, and here's a picture of me with my tit out to help our cause."

JinkxMonsoon Fri 22-Jul-16 16:05:25

They've got some fackin' nerve grin

Newmanwannabe Fri 22-Jul-16 16:07:33

They've made it to Australia. Didn't their baby piss on the floor in a studio?... That's something to be proud of

Foxyloxy1plus1 Fri 22-Jul-16 16:10:26

They're aiming for £100,000. £140 so far.
How are they funding their current lifestyle? They said they live in a one bedroom flat with garden, but any property costs, whether it's rent or mortgage.

And why is it necessary for her to be breast feeding the five year old in every photo?

GloriousGusset Fri 22-Jul-16 16:11:02

our 5 year old, Ulysses

Oh please.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 22-Jul-16 16:11:49

What a cringe-worthy picture.
Awful
our 5 year old, Ulysses I only had to get this far and then closed the page.
<shudders>

GloriousGusset Fri 22-Jul-16 16:12:07

These 'off grid' types always want to move to Costa Rica. What's poor old Costa Rica done to deserve them?

ABloodyDifficultWoman Fri 22-Jul-16 16:12:51

our 5 year old, Ulysses

Someone's been reading too much Alexander McCall Smith - and not quite getting the joke!

grin

Pinkheart5915 Fri 22-Jul-16 16:13:39

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than donate to that pair.

Just a pair of lazy arsed I can't be bothered people

GloriousGusset Fri 22-Jul-16 16:13:53

We believe in natural medicine and refuse modern medicine

For me this is where it turns from 'ha, ha' to 'oh you utter dimwitted fuckwits'.

ABloodyDifficultWoman Fri 22-Jul-16 16:15:02

Oh have a read of this!

breastmilk is our cure for an eye infection!

Well yes. I suppose an eyeful of milk squirted fresh from the bazoomba will do nothing if not take your mind right off your irritating eye infection!

Idiots! grin

Goingtobeawesome Fri 22-Jul-16 16:16:46

Come on guys, be fair. She donated a fiver herself.

And apparently the nappy leaked. They do that sometimes she said.

ifancyagreencard Fri 22-Jul-16 16:20:26

I especially loved the pithy comments at the bottom of the page - there are some corking responses to these deluded souls.

I'm kicking DD out tonight as am hosting Pimms and Gossip. Feel less guilty now she can amuse herself reading this thread grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now