To ask you all for some good vibes

(13 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 22-Jul-16 15:07:37

As some of you are aware, I have spent the past year whirling around trying to juggle working FT, being a mum and making 400 mile round trips to care for my mum who had inoperable lung cancer.

A few weeks ago my grandad passed away, and then so did my mother. Everything has just gone to shit.

One thing I have done that is quite positive and "for me", id applied for a new job, it is a step up the career ladder and a much better position than I am in now. I started working on my application a few weeks ago when it was first released and before my mums condition began deteriorating. I have finished it this week and submitted it today. It closes on Monday.

I know in the midst of everything that is going on its a bit odd to be applying for new jobs, but these opportunities dont come along very often (and this only really happened by fluke) and so I would kick myself if I didn't, but most of all, after this last year I just feel like I want a fresh start.

So please please please could I ask for some good vibes.

RickOShay Fri 22-Jul-16 15:10:09

Good luck, have just crossed my fingers for you. flowers

Liiinoo Fri 22-Jul-16 15:26:13

Good luck. flowers

MollyTwo Fri 22-Jul-16 15:27:37

Good luck, I really hope you get it smile
Sorry about your mum and grandad op flowers

Bromeliad Fri 22-Jul-16 15:29:40

Good luck! I'm sorry you've had such a horrible time recently. I don't think it's a strange thing to do, I think it's brilliant that you've even managed to put an application together.

I hope you get good news next week.

ArmySal Fri 22-Jul-16 15:39:14

I'm sending them to you 🍀

Good luck for everything flowers

sending the warmest wishes and most sparkly vibes to you OP, your mum and your grandad would be so incredibly proud of you for how you've been coping and they will always be alive in your smile star star and fair play, i don't know how strong i would be in your situation. big admiration for you. now go get it!! grin flowers xx

LivinLaVidaLoki Fri 22-Jul-16 20:07:14

Thank you everyone. Fingers crossed!!

Farmmummy Fri 22-Jul-16 20:10:40

Sending good luck and good vibes 💐

MaudTheMini Fri 22-Jul-16 20:12:35

Sending positive thoughts your way.envy

MaudTheMini Fri 22-Jul-16 20:13:02

Noooo I did not mean that bad emoji to appear! Sorry! Have a happy onesmile

LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 01-Aug-16 11:31:20

Well I didn't get shortlisted.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I was just hoping for one bit of good news, I have accomplished everything that I needed to that stopped me getting shortlisted last time, I have done and been through so much to put myself in a better position, worked so hard even whilst trying to juggle my mum being ill, and put together an excellent application (had it proofread by people already in senior positions in the field) while my mum was dying/had died (the timing of the job ad) to get somewhere and what for?

MatildaTheCat Mon 01-Aug-16 12:59:24

I'm so sorry you are disappointed, how can you not be? But you have achieved something; you've updated your cv, worked on a great application, had it checked and approved by people who know. These are important facts.

It's so hard to not take these rejections personally but it isn't personal, it's business. Maybe they already had a preferred candidate or others applied with the exact things they were looking for.

Have a short break and then get back on the horse. You DM and DGF will be so proud of you. flowers cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now