Talk

Advanced search

to wonder why our 1 year old reviews are so different?!

(5 Posts)
lalalemon Fri 22-Jul-16 11:41:17

So, next door have a little girl and she's 14 months, she only had her 1 year old review last month and it was a home visit from the HV that saw her at birth.

Got a letter through for my child's 1 year old check and we've got to go to the children's centre and see a health visitor we don't know and haven't met, and DC will only be 10 months not 1?!

Why so different?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 22-Jul-16 11:52:52

Its a 10 month check not a 1 year check so it gets done at 10 months but sometimes it can be delayed due to staffing/poorly baby/family commitments.

Depending on when youre free it will depend on which health visitors are available and where it will take place. If they only have the rooms at the surestart centre Mon-Wed then any Thursday appointments may have to be done at the childs house.

lalalemon Fri 22-Jul-16 11:55:15

I didn't get the option of a day! I was told the day and time and that was it! Would have preferred a day where my OH isn't at work, but didn't get that option!

Mouikey Fri 22-Jul-16 13:26:10

give them a call and let them know you can't make that appointment and ask for one on a day that your OH isn't at work! I had to cancel my pre birth HV because I was just sent an appointment for my last week before i left work. I could have gone, but wanted to get stuff finished at work, gave them a call and it wasn't a problem.

Ask - the worst they can say is no!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 22-Jul-16 13:47:16

We have to call up and arrange a date. If I got a date I'd call up and change it if it wasnt convenient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now