Noise in kids cinema !!

(13 Posts)
justforthisonce Fri 22-Jul-16 10:37:28

I'm in kids cinema.... Some kids are screaming out and shouting ! I don't find it acceptable at all. My kids with me are 6 and 4 and they are shushed if they speak .
Aibu to think parents shouldn't allow their kids to be so loud and shouty?

PoisonWitch Fri 22-Jul-16 10:38:27

Hmm on the one hand yanbu but it is why it's cheap and in the morning!

justforthisonce Fri 22-Jul-16 10:40:13

The conema is not an interactive experience . I think shouty interactions should be in the park! Am I wrong? Should I be accepting this siutation?

Seryph Fri 22-Jul-16 13:37:47

Typically specific kids showings are generally loud.
If your children are well behaved and sensible enough to sit quietly throughout a showing why not take them to a normal showing instead?

Sirzy Fri 22-Jul-16 13:40:19

I think being on your phone in the cinema is equally as rude to be honest!

DerelictMyBalls Fri 22-Jul-16 13:40:48

A kids' screening, like Movies For Juniors at Cineworld?

If so, YABU.

MFJ screenings can be very noisy at our local cinema, but tickets are only £1.50, so we suck it up.

ItsABanana Fri 22-Jul-16 13:42:36

YANBU, kids need to shut up and sit down when they're in the cinema. Totally rude and unacceptable behaviour on the parents parts, as small kids don't know any better.
Hang on a minute though - you say you're IN the cinema? As in right now and on MN, or are you posting this now you're home?
Because, to be honest, if you're sat on your phone with the screen lit up typing away in the cinema, YOU'D be doing my head in just as much as the screaming kids!
If you're in there still, put it away for crying out loud.

Balletgirlmum Fri 22-Jul-16 13:44:01

We've been tolots of kids am showings because they show appropriate (not always new films)

Whilst I would be a little more tolerant I would still expect parents to be keeping their children under control & teaching cinema etiquette.
Normal rules are not suspended.

It would've different if it was a relaxed showing

ItsABanana Fri 22-Jul-16 13:44:20

Cross posted with sirzy, I take far too long to spit it out and say lol....

ArmySal Fri 22-Jul-16 13:45:16

Agree with people on their phones, the worst!

LunaLoveg00d Fri 22-Jul-16 13:45:20

Some parents just don't care, they wouldn't dream of telling their children to shut it, they let them make a mess, shout, talk loudly, get up a billion times to go to the loo and just act like they are at home.

Children need to know how to act appropriately in different situations and when you're at the cinema that means sitting down and whispering.

SaturdaySurprise Fri 22-Jul-16 13:47:29

I hate it too, especially when the parents don't shush and also join in the talking.

I went to a pantomime once and a woman was constantly nattering to her grandchild. She was never or of the girl's face. "Oh look. Butterflies! That man is the baddy. Isn't that pretty..." I told her to give it a rest eventually. I know it's a panto, but it was constant and loud ".

People need to teach their children that the cinema and theatre are not the same as watching TV at home.

SaturdaySurprise Fri 22-Jul-16 13:49:05

I also find the lights from phones pretty annoying in the cinema.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now