We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you've sent me an email then tell me this and explain....

(7 Posts)
Shizzlestix Thu 21-Jul-16 22:28:08

....in vast detail, you should have just found me and told me instead of emailing or you should just tell me and not email bar one line to remind me to deal with it? Totally ready to be told that IABU!

Glovebug Thu 21-Jul-16 22:35:29

Not entirely sure what you're trying to say sorry confused

Paulat2112 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:36:45

You sound tired

Shizzlestix Thu 21-Jul-16 22:46:28

I am tired, sorry.

I receive an awful lot of emails at work. I received one today and actioned it. I then bumped into the person who sent it. She explained the email she had sent, at length, in detail, even though I said I'd dealt with it and had copied her into a relevant reply. She was away from her desk so hadn't seen my reply.

This happens a lot with various people. Shouldn't people just say 'I have sent you an email' then stop? Not reiterate the contents? I'm probably BU, people are perhaps just being sociable?

Glovebug Thu 21-Jul-16 23:49:56

I think it's just different types of people. Some people like to go in to a lot of detail and will talk about something for hours even if they've spoken to you about it before or emailed you about it. I have a colleague like that. Can never get a one word answer from him, he has to go in to great detail about EVERYTHING! It is really annoying.
Maybe she wasn't particularly busy and had time to kill or she thought the subject of the e-mail was very important and wanted to reiterate what needed to be done?

SouperSal Thu 21-Jul-16 23:53:08

I once ran an away day and focused specifically on this. I was sick of staff complaining about people sending emails and then ringing the person to tell them they'd sent it. It highlighted to staff that we aren't all the same and all have preferred ways of working. Just that extra awareness improved relations in the workplace no end!

Glovebug Thu 21-Jul-16 23:55:47

We did the colour thing once at work. Can't remember what it is called. Was very interesting to see how we all had different personalities and helped us to understand why some people like to go in to lots of detail, others just like the headlines etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now