Talk

Advanced search

Ooh, I have to get MN view on who is being unreasonable!

(11 Posts)
callherwillow Thu 21-Jul-16 22:21:37

Facebook acquaintance has a DS who is 12 (I think - just finished Y7.)

He has been causing trouble outside local shops - shoplifting small items, spitting, verbally abusing staff and passerbys.

Someone has chucked water over him.

Now, I am inclined to think 'good on ya!' but what do MN think?

Onesieisthequeensselfie Thu 21-Jul-16 22:23:03

YABU for being on FB grin

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 21-Jul-16 22:24:00

I'm inclined to think 'good on you' too. I suppose technically the person who did it could be charged though.

daisychain01 Thu 21-Jul-16 22:39:25

Sounds mean to me.

A 12 yo shop lifting, spitting and abusing needs help.

How is throwing cold water over him going to get his life on track? Or laughing about it on here?

ABloodyDifficultWoman Thu 21-Jul-16 22:44:50

Water? They might want to check that. Might be piss.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ailith Thu 21-Jul-16 22:55:38

Daisy chain:
Serves the little creep right. Hope he gets a nasty cold too.

ailith Thu 21-Jul-16 22:56:25

And it is funny. Has made me lol genuinely.grin

callherwillow Thu 21-Jul-16 22:56:47

Need, no! His mum is actually hugely likeable - completely bonkers - and it was in a 'serves you right!' spirit. Kid unimpressed grin

Shizzlestix Thu 21-Jul-16 23:08:19

Does the kid need help or is he just a little shit who needs telling? Believe me, I've come across plenty who have no reason to behave so poorly, but are just little buggers and parents aren't parenting. Maybe that is a reason for poor behaviour but some children need boundaries and don't have them imposed by parents. There's no reason they can't bloody learn.

I shoved a load away from the local shops the other day when they were let out early from school (my school!), in a nice but firm way. I don't see why the woman with a pushchair should have gone in the road because twenty teenagers were milling round on the pavement.

ginghamstarfish Fri 22-Jul-16 10:27:21

Good on the water thrower, unless now the mother goes to the police accusing this person of 'assault' on her precious darling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now