to think it shouldn't take 2 days to MOT and service a car ...

(3 Posts)
Pendu Thu 21-Jul-16 13:47:46

Booked my car in today with the main dealer - was told come at 8.30 and it will take about 3h. Dropped at 8.30 and was told it may run into tomorrow hmm then they decided it would be done by 5 latest.

I called to see how it's going as I didn't have childcare as the after school club is a person down and that I needed the car ideally by 2.30/2.45. I got a call at 1.30 saying the car was started and now was a good place to stop if I needed the car sooner and to bring it back in at 8.30 tomorrow and it should be done by the evening (!!!!) school finishes at 2 tomorrow - do they really think people can hang around for 9+ hours , especially when it was booked in angry

I've hung around all day for half a service and will have to do the same tomorrow .

Sooverthis Thu 21-Jul-16 13:51:01

Maybe they had to wait for a part?. It's not in the garages interest for it to take two days my garage clearly explains why estimated times change, if they do, and always gets my car back to me in a usable condition for school run if possible. I think that's the sign of a good garage.

Pendu Thu 21-Jul-16 13:52:52

Straightforward mot and service - no parts or expected fails. They didn't start until after midday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now