Talk

Advanced search

To not be able to open my new Aldi electric cool box?

(9 Posts)
Lambzig Thu 21-Jul-16 07:35:48

Sorry, posting here for traffic as am going off camping in three hours. I bought an electric cool box from Aldi. Just unpacked it to start cooling it and it seems to be working, but I cannot figure out how to open the lid.

I am an idiot.

Does anyone have one and can tell me how to do it please? I expect the instructions are inside.

Elfontheedge Thu 21-Jul-16 07:38:36

If it's the same one my parents have the handle acts as a lock so it has to be in the right position to be able to open. At the back I think.

UterusUterusGhali Thu 21-Jul-16 07:45:20

Yeah try opening it with the handle all the way to one side.
If that doesn't work, try all the way to the other side.

Have fun!

Cornishmumoftwo Thu 21-Jul-16 07:49:03

The campinggaz one slides forward an inch before opening

Lambzig Thu 21-Jul-16 07:50:25

Elf, thank you, you are a lifesaver. Counter-intuitively the handle has to be at the front (in the way of the lid handle) for it to open, but I have now manage to work it out thanks to you.

Thanks again.

Lambzig Thu 21-Jul-16 07:51:25

Oh thanks for the other responses too. I absolutely love mumsnet sometimes.

SaucyJack Thu 21-Jul-16 07:55:02

Ooh, how much and are they still in store?

We're off camping tomorrow. Lovely weather for it.

NorbertDentressangle Thu 21-Jul-16 07:58:15

Haha sounds like the one we've got - it foxes me every year as I always forget in between uses.

Lambzig Thu 21-Jul-16 08:01:02

I think it was £39. DH bought it last week along with a whole load of pointless camping tat so they should still be in store. He now has an 'urgent' meeting at the office also known as giving the packing a swerve.

First time camping and we have a ridiculously huge tent. Hopefully it will go ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now