Talk

Advanced search

to give DD a crazy dip dye?

(14 Posts)
RastafarianTargaryen Wed 20-Jul-16 18:43:21

Just for the summer.

She's nearly 8 and is mad about crazy coloured hair (manic panic etc). She's been asking to have it done for over a year. I've used the dyes in the past and have lots of colours left over.

AIBU to bleach the bottom inch or so of her hair and dye it pink/purple/green as requested?

Would take her for a haircut before school starts in September so the dyed section would be gone.

I can already picture my mother's cat's bum mouth grin. AIBU?

Pigeonpost Wed 20-Jul-16 18:45:56

Sounds awesome!

FuckJeffGoldblumMan Wed 20-Jul-16 18:46:41

My son gets patterns shaved into his head for the 6 week holidays.

GastonsPomPomWrath Wed 20-Jul-16 18:48:50

I would!

fastdaytears Wed 20-Jul-16 18:49:27

Do it!

RastafarianTargaryen Wed 20-Jul-16 18:50:06

Woo! Going to do it on Friday night, will take before and after pics!

RavioliOnToast Wed 20-Jul-16 18:50:06

I'm not sure I'd bleach it unless she's really dark but I'd use the dye! Definitely! Xxx

almostthirty Wed 20-Jul-16 18:50:23

Brilliant idea. I'm a teacher and very tempted to have my already short hair chopped onto a spiky pixie cut then dye it platinum blonde (am currently brown).
The only thing holding me back is I work in a SN school so would need it dark again by September and not sure if that would work. Also tempted to go nose pierced as early 30th present to myself may possible have midlife crisis over holiday

NiallandNiamh Wed 20-Jul-16 18:50:51

I'm dying DD'S hair purple later. She is 12

RortyCrankle Wed 20-Jul-16 19:15:01

A bit like this OP? grin

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3699460/Let-hair-Meet-real-life-Rapunzel-captivating-Instagram-mesmerizing-four-feet-long-locks-dyed-range-rainbow-hues.html

Huldra Wed 20-Jul-16 19:19:51

They're amazing.

RastafarianTargaryen Wed 20-Jul-16 19:22:36

Oh wow Rorty those colours are incredible 😍.

DS has settled for one side pink and one teal. Off to town tomorrow for supplies. Ravioli it'll definitely require bleach. She has my naturally dark brown hair and bright dyes just don't show up on dark hair without bleaching first.

Bingowingslikeashieldofsteel Wed 20-Jul-16 19:23:07

Do it!!!

I also work in a school and dyed my hair a light shade of pink this week. I've got another five weeks (and counting) before I have to go back to a 'natural' shade. I'm deliberating a nose piercing too but I'm too scared it'll hurt...

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Wed 20-Jul-16 19:24:35

Excellent!! I'm dyeing my DS14's hair tomorrow: bleaching it then laying on a bright blue for the summer.

He's got 1D hair so we'll just dye over it before he goes back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now