Talk

Advanced search

Hotel review

(15 Posts)
summerskittles91 Wed 20-Jul-16 10:47:07

I stayed at a hotel over the weekend, and had booked through an online site. I was asked to review the hotel based on the points system, which I did. My overall score for the hotel was 8.3 out of 10.

I later received an email from the hotel staff asking whether I could change the score to ten for all the categories because i hasdn't left good feedback?!

Surely they are BU asking me to change it when I have given my honest scores?

acasualobserver Wed 20-Jul-16 10:52:15

They are definitely BU. Say no.

Soon2bC Wed 20-Jul-16 10:54:13

I would reduce it to an 8 and cite their request as the reason for the downgrade

StillDrSethHazlittMD Wed 20-Jul-16 10:55:25

That would make my inclined to change my review. I'd leave the scores as it is, and your other comments, because they are honest and based on your experience.

But I would add a rider to the top of the review stating "Please note that after I posted this review, the hotel contacted me to ask me to consider revising the score to a 10. I have left my review of the hotel as originally posted but feel the above is worth mentioning"

caroldecker Wed 20-Jul-16 10:56:28

It depends on your score rating. Are there specific things in each rating they could improve, or are you more the 80% is a bloody score and nothings perfect.
The trouble is that many people over-rate, so what would seem reasonable to you may be damaging to them. For example, many people will not buy off Ebay unless the seller has 100% feedback, 99% is not good enough.
Whether you change it is up to you, but if you have no specific issues and had a good time, I would be tempted to re-rate

caroldecker Wed 20-Jul-16 10:56:50

bloody good score

summerskittles91 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:00:59

There were different categories, for most I put ten, but there was service and cleanliness which I put 7.5, which were the ones they told me to change, but I had my reasons to give those scores.

its a 3* hotel which is one of the nicest rated in the area. I was genuinely baffled as to how I had "given them a bad score"

ShotsFired Wed 20-Jul-16 11:02:23

yy to what Soon2bC and StillDrSeth* said. Hotel are cheeky beggars!

KayTee87 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:03:18

That's so cheeky and makes me wonder if there other reviews have been changed as people have been too embarrassed to say no once asked.

KayTee87 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:03:38

Their *

summerskittles91 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:16:44

I might leave a comment to say I was asked to change it.. I guess you're right, it probably means other people have changed their scores too.

Scarydinosaurs Wed 20-Jul-16 11:17:37

Unless you've unfairly marked them down, why would you change it?? I would worry that the rest of their scores are artificial. Forward their email to the online site to notify them the hotel tried to get you to adjust.

mummymeister Wed 20-Jul-16 11:49:12

You can make contact with the ratings site itself and tell them what has happened because they would be very interested to know this.

it makes you wonder how many of their other 10/10 ratings were fixed in this way.

These sites only work if they have some integrity and this site clearly is going to lose it if this is a regular thing.

I would definitely not amend my rating OP - either up or down - and would put at the bottom what has happened. it will make people looking at the site question the other 10/10.

I am appalled that a business would do this rather than actually writing to you and asking what went wrong and what they could do about it.

you can always tell how good a business is by how they respond when things go wrong . Can you name the site in question and also perhaps tweet something to them so that they know a business that they list is doing this?

summerskittles91 Wed 20-Jul-16 12:05:01

it was done through booking.com I might let them know what is going on.

Their trip advisor reviews also seem positive - so I wonder they have been changed also.

Balletgirlmum Wed 20-Jul-16 12:11:08

On booking.comi willingly books hotel with a score of 9 plus. Maybe 8 if I have to

Hotels with 7 ratings are usually awful (dirty etc

Sonatbe they feel the 7 score is unreasonable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now