Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To cut up DH's hoodies

(39 Posts)
Crocodillian Wed 20-Jul-16 09:52:24

Yesterday, as we all know, it was quite hot, it was over 30° here and today it's quite hot again. Okay, it's not 40 odd degrees (which dh calls ^just right^) but it is still pretty hot. Have I said hot enough?
Yesterday DH (teacher who's started summer hols already) went about his daily business out and about in jogging bottoms, a t shirt and a big, thick hoodie. One of those hoodies that's all fluffy and cosy inside. Today he's wearing a tracksuit with a hoodie. I feel inexplicably annoyed...and hot.

acasualobserver Wed 20-Jul-16 09:55:40

Perhaps he is a cold-blooded reptile-human? Your username suggests that this is the sort of chap you'd go for.

Itsaplayonwords Wed 20-Jul-16 09:58:23

I feel hot just reading your post. I'd far rather spend the day naked at the moment. He sounds unhinged, I'd LTB.

hastheworldgonemad Wed 20-Jul-16 09:59:22

Unhinged op. Clearly. It's boiling here.

HairyMoose Wed 20-Jul-16 09:59:55

Lol! Here everyone is complaining how cold this winter is and they have gas heaters out, thermals and heated blankets! It's averaged 23 degrees the whole winter!! 😂

Crocodillian Wed 20-Jul-16 10:00:44

I think you've cracked it acasual

YorkieDorkie Wed 20-Jul-16 10:00:44

LTB!

SnugglySnerd Wed 20-Jul-16 10:05:42

So long as he's not complaining!
DH has not stopped saying how hot he is for days, as if he's the only one who's affected. Despite this he has gone to work today in polyester mix trousers and a very thick, long sleeved shirt. He refuses to buy anything as sensible as cotton trousers or a short sleeved shirt as he thinks they are a bit middle aged!

cjt110 Wed 20-Jul-16 10:21:06

I think we may be married to similar men OP My husband will sit there in jeans, a tshirt and a knitted jumper wholst I am sweating my tits off in a vest top and shorts and say he's fine whilst I am melting away.

ppeatfruit Wed 20-Jul-16 10:22:31

Maybe he's using the thick hood to protect his head from the sun. Better than sunstroke grin maybe he'd get heat-stroke though grin IMO joggers out in the crazy heat are bonkers !

trafalgargal Wed 20-Jul-16 10:36:39

Oh come on!
You've seen the movies,
He's clearly a cold blooded alien in disguise pretending to be a human.
You are a cover for him in his cunning assimilation plot

TaliZorahVasNormandy Wed 20-Jul-16 10:43:52

Hes an alien and is close to breaking cover. Tell him we are onto him.

Itsaplayonwords Wed 20-Jul-16 10:47:20

Snuggly My DH is also one of the few people affected by the heat. He's also the only person in the world who has ever been tired.

jay55 Wed 20-Jul-16 10:54:01

Does he sweat and stink? If not can't see the problem.

Welshmaenad Wed 20-Jul-16 10:59:44

My OH is like this, is still wearing jeans and multiple layers and bastard hoodie! Yesterday he got in my car and TURNED THE AIR CON OFF because it was TOO CHILLING.

I think I'm going to have to LTB.

Theoretician Wed 20-Jul-16 11:02:57

A hoodie does sound hot, but it's an interesting fact that people who live in deserts wear robes that cover their whole body. Apparently this is cooler than wearing skimpy clothing.

ppeatfruit Wed 20-Jul-16 11:05:25

Welsh Send him over here ! Dh lives in the sitting room with his new aircondtioner and I live in the kitchen

. I cannot STAND air conditioners they're too cold and drying. I have to wear a hoodie if I go into the sitting room!!

Crocodillian Wed 20-Jul-16 11:12:19

Theoretician dh said similar. But these are fluffy hoodies.

Jay55 no he's not broken a sweat. I've seen him play tennis in the midday sun in the West Indies.

To all re aircon I find them really drying too, I always seem to get a raspy throat if I sleel with the aircon on on holiday although when I was pregnant I was all about the ac

MangoBiscuit Wed 20-Jul-16 11:15:45

Mr Biscuit has also gone to work with a thick jumper over his shirt. And he tried to close the windows and all the curtains in our bedroom last night. Feck right off are you taking away my cooling breeze!

Crocodillian Wed 20-Jul-16 11:17:50

Mangobiscuit that's a sleep-on-the-sofa offence!

ppeatfruit Wed 20-Jul-16 11:22:01

The thing is if you open the windows you get the biting bleedin' insects in. Even with the plug in anti insect things.

BigSandyBalls2015 Wed 20-Jul-16 11:24:25

I wish my DH would wear jogging bottoms. He went off to work this morning with an indecently short pair of shorts on .... he's a plumber for goodness sake ..... I dread the eyeful his poor client is going to get when he's lying under her bath.

SnugglySnerd Wed 20-Jul-16 11:25:00

playonwords they must be related, DH is a right pain when he's tired, as if he's the only person who has ever had a bad night's sleep!

MangoBiscuit Wed 20-Jul-16 11:26:07

We don't usually get many flying insects in the house. I think it's because of the number of spiders we have. Which is why I won't let anyone kill the spiders, they're far too useful.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 20-Jul-16 11:34:37

Dont cut them up.
He'll only get cold and put the central heating on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now