Rude Neighbour???

(10 Posts)
MuniK Tue 19-Jul-16 19:48:52

Hello everyone, we live in a 2 bed ground floor apt with a tiny garden and we have a almost 5 month old active/normal baby. As the weather has been nice for the past few days we have been spending some time in garden during which our baby cries/screams and makes noises, he has never been left to cry as soon as he is upset we do try to calm him down, which does not work all the time(i wish there was a magic recipe to do that). The reason i am posting is that we have an neighbour upstairs who has been shouting and swearing very loudly, we have heard him saying things such as "fu****g, bast**d child", "shutup" etc and then slam his balcony door really loudly. The first time it happened we dint realise it was for us, but then it happened several times over the past few days and this evening too. We live in a residential area full of families there is hardly any house/apt without babies/children. So are being unreasonable or our neighbour being rude????

sixinabed Tue 19-Jul-16 19:52:05

Rude neighbour. No advice though, but sorry for you. Try to ignore it?

SquinkiesRule Tue 19-Jul-16 19:56:05

Very rude.

SaggyNaggy Tue 19-Jul-16 19:57:37

Rude neighbour definitely.

I can sympathise with him though. Sounds of children crying, playing, chattering etc drives me to distraction. I am currently sat in my front room with the windows closed and curtains drawn in an attempt to shut out the, perfectly reasonable and normal, noise from neighbours. Its called misophonia and its vile. There's no reason to say horrible things to people though.

EdmundCleverClogs Tue 19-Jul-16 20:02:52

Rude neighbour! I'd quite happily swap for a street full of young babies, over the rude children kicking a ball against our door/windows that we have to put up with.

ailith Tue 19-Jul-16 21:04:53

He sounds not only rude but horribly aggressive.

littledrummergirl Tue 19-Jul-16 21:30:04

I would ignore, maybe apologise for the noise. Dh would tell him to fuck off and get a life.

Maybe somewhere in the middle would work or just ignoring him.
No good advice I'm afraid.

DanceWithThePoets Tue 19-Jul-16 21:35:29

Certainly not a nice thing for him to say. I hate it when you know perfectly well someone's comments are directed at you - but they haven't got the guts to actually approach you reasonably ... so much easier to have an imaginary conversation with themselves. And then if you do challenge them if they have sort of problem with you - they're all "oh no - was just shooing at the cat". Yeah right!

I can only hope he doesn't have children of his own.

GuestTiger Wed 20-Jul-16 08:42:56

Very rude neighbour!

However, in a communal garden I do think you need to be considerate about noise. We used to live in an apartment with communal gardens when DS was younger (he's 10months now), I would take him out to sit on a rug but if he got screamy or started screeching I took him back inside, as the sound travels straight into the other flats.
I don't think it's fair to make neighbours listen to a crying baby when it's a shared garden. When DS was tiny I used to put him in the pram and wheel him up and down the street, bringing him back into the garden when he was calm.

Could neighbour be trying to work from home or sleep? Does he work nights? Is he ill and trying to rest? How long are you in the garden for?

CantChoose Wed 20-Jul-16 09:27:22

I think he was very rude, unecessarily so.
I can see why he finds it annoying too.
It's part of having neighbours though really.
My neighbour practices his guitar every day at a perfectly reasonable noise level. But in summer with the windows open it really travels and ruins my garden for me tbh. He's not doing anything wrong so I feel like I can't really complain. Def wouldn't act like your neighbour!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now