Talk

Advanced search

to feel guilty

(4 Posts)
facepalming Tue 19-Jul-16 19:42:29

for stopping breastfeeding??

I breastfed my first until 13 months when i found out i was pregnant with 2nd.

DC2 is now 7 months old and we are having our last boob today. I only intended to mix feed when I started introducing a ff a day at 5.5 months but he has preferred the bottle and turns the boob down now.

I could give you lots of excuses but honestly I just needed the space and occasionally break sad

I adore my boys but it is haRd with two so small

HummyMummy72 Tue 19-Jul-16 19:47:26

Why would you feel guilty if he prefers the bottle? I would understand if he was crying out for breast milk but as that's not the case there's nothing to feel guilty about?

Breast feeding can be draining, be thankful he's taken to the bottle well as many don't! smile

facepalming Tue 19-Jul-16 19:59:25

I think because I fed my first so long I feel like my second has been cheated a bit.

Also because I've chosen to do it for selfish reasons rather than becauese he wasn't thriving or I had to go back to work etc.

I guess I just needed reminding that him being happy is what counts so thank you smile

HummyMummy72 Tue 19-Jul-16 21:07:38

Don't feel bad the breast/bottle feed stage is a drop in the ocean! Enjoy your baby and don't feel guilty. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now