Talk

Advanced search

To bath my son in the paddling pool (lighthearted)

(20 Posts)
broccoliflowers Tue 19-Jul-16 17:39:46

We've spent the day out and he accidentally fell asleep while I was filling the pool. He's awake now but it's gonna be a late bed as a result!

We are on a water meter. It's full to the brim. It's organic shampoo. It's reeeeeeaaaalllly hot still. AIBU?! DH though not!

DonkeyOaty Tue 19-Jul-16 17:44:23

Isn't that what everyone does? We certainly did when our troupe was young

LillyBugg Tue 19-Jul-16 17:44:24

Do it. Half the country will be dunking their kids in a paddling pool and not bothering with a bath. Might get in the paddling pool myself once DS is in bed.

FuckJeffGoldblumMan Tue 19-Jul-16 17:45:19

We used to get hosed down in the garden never mind in a swimming pool 😂

Redisthenewblack Tue 19-Jul-16 17:48:09

YADNBU!!
The highlight of my summer was getting to have outdoor baths when I was a kid.

Get a bbq going while you're at it so your DS can watch his sausages getting cooked while he's getting washed. The novelty never wears off!

ElspethFlashman Tue 19-Jul-16 17:49:27

On the contrary, I think it's genius.

foxessocks Tue 19-Jul-16 17:51:34

My dd has been in the paddling pool for the last hour or so. I've rinsed off a few bits of mud and leaves in the kitchen sink and put her on a towel on the sofa to air dry! Then it will be dinner , ice cream and bed! I think it's perfectly acceptable!

scurryfunge Tue 19-Jul-16 17:52:21

Of course it's fine. If we'd been swimming in the river in the 1970s, that counted as a wash!

foxessocks Tue 19-Jul-16 17:52:24

I'm now kicking myself that I didn't add some soap to her paddling pool before she got out...that would make it a bit slippery though!

Pendu Tue 19-Jul-16 17:58:29

Water is water. But then I bath mine in the mornings nowadays

broccoliflowers Tue 19-Jul-16 18:07:25

Makes total sense to me!

Water is gold in many countries. Seems stupid to waste it - plus he's filthy!

I wish he liked sausages; he won't entertain the idea! Has refused dinner as eaten too many ice creams today

broccoliflowers Tue 19-Jul-16 18:20:05

Done!

This is him gazing into the pan of warmer water we used to rinse with. I have no idea what he's doing but he seems to be talking to mice in there.....

bushtailadventures Tue 19-Jul-16 18:26:12

DGD had her bath in the paddling pool tonight, we did add a couple of jugs of hot to it, and a squirt of baby bath. As she's been in it half the day anyway, seemed silly to take her upstairs for a 'proper' bath.

When mine were small we often did it this way, seems they remember it fondly if they are doing it for their dc now

Me624 Tue 19-Jul-16 19:26:37

DS (4 months) has spent most of the afternoon splashing in the paddling pool, I did not bother with a bath, he is clean!

karmapolice97 Tue 19-Jul-16 19:42:11

Same here. DC been thoroughly dunked and therefore clean enough. They will sweat so much in bed tonight morning showers will be essential anyway.

But... hot water??? Really, do people fill paddling pools with hot water? Ours was freezing cold from the outside tap with a couple of kettles of water chucked in to take the edge off!

dylsmimi Tue 19-Jul-16 19:52:56

We took a paddling pool on holiday for that specific purpose! Worked a treat!
We don't have a bath and if it wouldn't traumatise the neighbours I would be tempted to have an outside bath myself!

Artandco Tue 19-Jul-16 19:56:53

Oh course. I would just let them play in also until knackered as they aren't going to sleep prompto in the heat. Paddling pool and garden and extra ice creams until 8-9pm . When they pass out from tiredness lift into bed.
Job done

Laniakea Tue 19-Jul-16 20:06:55

I hosed off my younger ones in the garden this evening, I hope that it has cooled them down enough to be able sleep!

1AngelicFruitCake Tue 19-Jul-16 20:21:33

I love doing this!

PregnantAndEngaged Tue 19-Jul-16 21:05:01

Lol I was contemplating that tonight myself funnily enough!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now