Grumpy colleague

(6 Posts)
lasttimeround Tue 19-Jul-16 16:11:18

Yeesh - with the lovely weather putting me in a good mood I find I'm irked by my grumpy colleague. Aibu? He slopes about in z fog of grump. We share a room (with a number of others) but he often doesn't even bother to respond to my greetings (I have at times repeated myselfblush). I get that sometimes we are all busy or not up for conversation but is it really such a stretch to say 'hello'.
Or maybe it's annoying because he does respond to those more of his bent work wise. His work is more theoretical, mine much more practical - perhaps I'm beneath notice.... (noooo analysis of his behaviour will lead to madness )

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 19-Jul-16 16:20:51

Maybe he just doesn't like you - doesn't mean you have done anything wrong as such. We all have people we don't "click" with, most people will be polite to those they aren't keen on, but others cba.

FuzzyOwl Tue 19-Jul-16 16:25:43

I'd just ignore him and save both of you the bother.

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Tue 19-Jul-16 16:29:25

Yes, what FuzzyOwl said ^^

If you repeat yourself to get him to respond, you look a bit of a dick. Speak to him if you need to, otherwise maintain a distance.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Tue 19-Jul-16 16:29:50

Start treating him the way he treats you. He'll probably - man like - start pining for the missed "hellos".

Or maybe he has a mild hearing loss and doesn't hear you.

lasttimeround Tue 19-Jul-16 17:01:23

I have wondered about hearing loss but probably just doesn't like me. Never mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now