Talk

Advanced search

To NOT take my son to his tutors tomorrow because of the heat?

(15 Posts)
ProundParent2009 Mon 18-Jul-16 20:58:12

My son is 8 and goes to a tutors house for 1/2 a day Mon - Friday ( he finds it very distressing going any longer) in that time I work along with his tutor and we do therapy sessions and basic life skills.

He is due to go tomrrow afternoon however I am getting extremely nervous because I have MS and really struggle with the heat, today I have spent a lot of the day either asleep or crying in pain and I know tomrrow is just going to get hotter and my little man has also been struggling with the heat to the point he hasn't wanted to do anything today :/

I have tried different methods to keep cool but I am still finding it extremely difficult And there is no way the tutor change his session for tomorrow morning because she has other children to support.

AIBU to keep him home tomorrow? I am worried if it's even hotter tomorrow I will relapse ( MS Nightmare)

When he goes to his tutor I need to stay so another person to take him isn't an option :/

Or should I just grin and bare it?:/

LittleMoonbuggy Mon 18-Jul-16 21:00:13

Sorry you've been struggling in the heat.

Maybe contact your tutor to ask how cool his house it at the moment? Maybe it is well set up with fans so at least as cool as your own home.

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 18-Jul-16 21:09:46

I don't see the harm in missing one session of its going to be unbearable for you flowers

CaptainMarvelDanvers Mon 18-Jul-16 21:38:10

I know someone with neuralgia and they may have to go off sick because the amount of pain the heat is causing her, so I can only imagine the sort of pain you're under.

YANBU. The heat is ridiculous, I don;t understand why people worship the sun so much.

flowers

DonkeyOaty Mon 18-Jul-16 21:50:03

I would skip tomorrow and probably all week or at least til the weather breaks

It might mean paying even though not using their services but preferable to you getting ill

Take care

MapMyMum Mon 18-Jul-16 21:53:51

Im assuming the tutor knows about your MS, so just give him as much warning as you can then stay at home and get as comfortable as you can

DeathStare Mon 18-Jul-16 22:03:47

Perfectly reasonable to not go.... as long as you let the tutor know in advance and still pay them.

ilovesooty Mon 18-Jul-16 22:06:23

If you intend to pay for the session I think it would be fine.

LIZS Mon 18-Jul-16 22:09:08

Could they come to you?

YellowBucket Mon 18-Jul-16 22:18:40

I have MS and have been exactly the same today. I would have no qualms in cancelling everything! The heat is killing me too.
It's a big expense but I got a Dyson fan last summer. They had one at my neuro physio and I fell in love. It's the only one I have found that is powerful without hurting my skin.

redpinkblue Mon 18-Jul-16 22:37:18

Does he go to school or is this school for him? If it's the latter then id take him

redpinkblue Mon 18-Jul-16 22:38:06

Or if you're not feeling up to it then can someone take him for you?

PollyPerky Mon 18-Jul-16 22:40:10

Is he home educated? Why is he at a tutor's every day? I think you need to discuss with the tutor.

wtffgs Mon 18-Jul-16 22:52:18

I think it would be fine. Tomorrow is a weather blip. If it is going to be that hard, then it's not worth it for one day. It's going to be a lot fresher when the weather breaks.

PersianCatLady Mon 18-Jul-16 23:20:17

This heat is supposed to break by Thursday so I really don't think it matters if he misses both Tuesday and Wednesday. Also if the weather is making you feel so terrible I would really question if there is any point in the sessions as it sounds as if you will be unable to fully participate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now