Talk

Advanced search

To expect an estate agent to turn up on time?

(6 Posts)
HoneyBadgers Mon 18-Jul-16 15:28:21

DP and I currently rent, our lease is due to end shortly and we've decided not to renew the contract here and will be moving out of the property in about 8 weeks time. I had an email from the estate agent saying they would need to come round to view the property before remarketing, and when would be good for me.

I asked if they could come Monday morning (this was all last Tuesday by the way) as I was going out in the afternoon. They replied saying they couldn't do the morning, would 3pm be okay. I said fine and arranged with DP that we'd leave an hour or so later than we intended to.

I know it's only been half an hour, but still no sign of them, and I don't want to be any later than I was already meant to be when we agreed at 3pm!

Is half an hour a reasonable time to be late, or should I expect a professional company to show up when they say they will?!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Mon 18-Jul-16 15:57:55

Have they turned up yet?

Binkermum29 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:59:19

Just go out - now!

harderandharder2breathe Mon 18-Jul-16 15:59:19

Yanbu to expect them at 3 if that's what was agreed! Or at least a phone call to let you know they're running late and an eta

Ywnbu to call the office and say that you already changed your plans to suit them, they're now late and you have to go out, so you'll have to rearrange

shelleybee Mon 18-Jul-16 16:02:41

I hope you went out and didn't continue to wait for them!

VimFuego101 Mon 18-Jul-16 16:04:12

I think 30 mins late without calling you to let you know is rude. I would just go out, but it depends on whether you think they would let themselves in anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now