Talk

Advanced search

To let her play alone?

(15 Posts)
thescruffiestgiantintown Mon 18-Jul-16 15:07:30

DD is 2.5. She's been playing happily on her own for 2 hours now. I feel very guilty that I'm just sitting on my bum and not making imaginary tea with her but I have a headache and DS is miraculously napping.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 18-Jul-16 15:09:33

She's happy. You're happy. DS is happy.

ProfessorPickles Mon 18-Jul-16 15:10:48

It's good for children to learn how to play on their own, enjoy smile

arethereanyleftatall Mon 18-Jul-16 15:12:19

Do not, under any circumstances, play with her.

Enjoy this, encourage this, never get in the way of this!

allnewredfairy Mon 18-Jul-16 15:12:41

Absolutely fine if she is content. Obviously if she is trying to engage you and you were ignoring her YWBU.
Make the most of your quiet time to try and shift that headache and give your kids the happy mummy they deserve.
Hope you feel better soon flowers

KayTee87 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:13:30

She sounds happy. Apparently I entertained myself for hours when I was wee.

AndroidAddict Mon 18-Jul-16 15:24:45

I left mine to play alone for hours at that age when I could (obviously I was in the same room and there should they need me; I didn't just disappear into another room or anything). I think it helped them become more independent and build their confidence. It's also a bit of a godsend now they're older because it means I don't have to follow them around the play area when we go. I can just take a book/my phone and let them play.

Haudyerwheesht Mon 18-Jul-16 15:25:31

Ds was like this it was brilliant. Dd still doesn't play on her own at five!

Enjoy

kensausage13 Mon 18-Jul-16 15:26:29

My DD is the same age and plays happily on his own, sometimes for long peiods of time. Sometimes he even tells me to leave him.alone!! grin

Don't feel guilty. Just enjoy! Xx

ExtraHotLatteToGo Mon 18-Jul-16 15:27:51

Are you nuts?

ENJOY!!!

It's good for her.

She's obviously very content, let her carry on pootling about!

Ihatechoosingnames Mon 18-Jul-16 15:29:03

Let her get on with it if she's having fun

icklekid Mon 18-Jul-16 15:29:13

My 2 year old ds will do the same and I refuse to feel guilty! I'm 34 weeks pregnant and need the rest when I can. I think of it as good training for 6 weeks time... independent and happy is all good!

thescruffiestgiantintown Mon 18-Jul-16 15:42:14

Thanks all. I'm feeling general guilt about how much less I interact with her since DS arrived a few months ago so hate missing these opportunities but feel so rotten today. Agh.

AndroidAddict Mon 18-Jul-16 15:47:13

Just think though, in a year or so both your dc will play argue happily together and you'll be able to just sit back and relax (in theory grin)

harderandharder2breathe Mon 18-Jul-16 15:53:52

Leave her to play on her own! It's an important thing for them to learn to entertain themselves, some do it at six months some not til six years!

She's safe and happy, DS is safe and happy, you are safe and giving yourself the peace you need

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now