Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a completely twattish thing to say and way to think?

(53 Posts)
Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 18:44:00

So we're out this morning, I can tell it's going to be a hot day so I say quietly to dh that we can get the paddling pool out later. I didn't want ds to hear because I knew we had a few things to do and might be pushed for time. I figured even if we only got it out for an hour the dc would enjoy themselves.

Anyway ds did hear me and got excited so I said we'd get the pool out and we'd make time, dh then said that we would definitely blow it up but we might not get chance to fill it with water and might have to do that another day.

I mean on what fucking planet are we going to leave an empty paddling pool hoping that we get another day hot enough? Besides we'd never get time during he week with work, school and clubs and we are going on holiday on Saturday!

Yes I'm probably overreacting but he says cuntish things like this several times a day.

callherwillow Sun 17-Jul-16 18:45:29

Might be an idea to talk about the cuntish things he says several times a day then as I'm lost as to how this was twattish!

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Jul-16 18:46:21

Also missing the cuntishness here! hmm

Noonesfool Sun 17-Jul-16 18:46:22

YABU to not abandon jobs and get pool out immediately.

This might be it, for the year.

<eyes Summer suspiciously>

Sirzy Sun 17-Jul-16 18:46:22

Sounds like he didn't want to make promises you can't keep? Blowing it up and filling if is often quite a time consuming thing and as you have already mentioned being pushed for time then I can see why he didn't want to guarantee getting into it.

TheIncredibleBookEatingManchot Sun 17-Jul-16 18:49:55

It sounds like he was just trying to prevent disappointment later, as you genuinely might not have time to fill the paddling pool that day.

What do you feel was twattish about it?

NoTractorsAtTheTable Sun 17-Jul-16 18:51:33

It sounds like he was trying to manage expectations.

Are you pissed off that he contradicted you in front of the DCs?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 17-Jul-16 18:52:08

In my experience, if you blow up an empty paddling pool and leave it in your garden overnight, it blows onto next door's rose bush and punctures.

tibbawyrots Sun 17-Jul-16 18:52:13

I don't see the point of blowing it up if you're not putting water in it!

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 18:52:54

Well, it's only a tiny pool so 10 minutes to blow up and fill.

Why on earth would we leave an empty paddling pool up knowing that we aren't going to get another chance to use it for the next two weeks? To me it seems like it's just getting an excited childs hopes up blowing it up to not use it. None of our jobs were urgent.

I'm just sick of him to be honest I feel like he's so negative all the time, it's always why we can't do rather than we can.

Also I feel like I have to think of everything. He won't so much as make the dc a sandwich with checking with me and I can't go for a shower without him calling me about some trivial thing.

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Jul-16 18:54:18

This really isn't about the pool is it? confused

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 18:54:43

No nothing to do with contradicting me whatsoever.

I'd rather he just be honest and say we may not get time rather than pointlessly blowing it up for nothing.

Actually I'd rather he stop being such a wet blanket and let us enjoy ourselves.

callherwillow Sun 17-Jul-16 18:55:11

Why couldn't you fill it up?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 17-Jul-16 18:55:38

hmm, I'm sensing a back story..
Maybe his comment was the straw that broke the camel's back?

Noonesfool Sun 17-Jul-16 18:56:59

Ilostit that made me laugh. grin

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 18:57:36

I did fill it up hmm

Point is why tell an excited child you blow up their paddling pool knowing full well today is the only chance they'll get to go in it.

SaggyNaggy Sun 17-Jul-16 18:58:10

I'd rather he just be honest and say we may not get time

Would you though? really?

"Yes DS we will get the pool out later, we will make time
"I doubt we'll have time so don't expect it DS"

What he actually said was a way to try and not raise hopes and at the same time not dash them. If you'd rather he just dash hopes totally then that's fine, but I don't think you can then turn around and say he's being "Cuntish"

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Jul-16 18:59:39

One day playing in the pool is better than no days playing. I'm missing the point I think.

m0therofdragons Sun 17-Jul-16 19:01:16

What a bizarre thing to stress about. On Friday I blew up our paddling pool knowing we wouldn't get time for filling it with water. I shoved some balls in. Now we have water and balls in it. Happy dc and no whining.

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 19:01:25

If we'd blown it up today but not filled it when were they going to actually get dunce to go in it? We're busy all week and going on holiday on Saturday.

RedHareWithBlondeHair Sun 17-Jul-16 19:04:08

If this is all it's about then you honestly sound like a nightmare. He was being reasonable.

BillSykesDog Sun 17-Jul-16 19:05:04

If you react like this to something so trivial are you really surprised he feels he has to check with you about whether what he's doing is to your satisfaction? He's probably terrified how you'll react if you perceive he's done things the wrong way.

You wanted to manage disappointment in case you didn't get around to it, why is it wrong for him to try and do the same?

Also, you are the one who wasn't careful and was overheard so any disappointment is your fault not his and you're trying to shift the blame.

I think YAB astoundingly U.

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 19:09:22

Well I haven't actually said anything to dh about it at all.

By the way dh doesn't give a monkeys about disappointing the dc but you only have my word for that.

SaggyNaggy Sun 17-Jul-16 19:12:02

Unless there are more examples of his "Cuntish" behaviour then we can only comment on this scenario.

You were busy, DS was promised something by you, your DH didn't want to squash that promise so was trying to be tactful.

Now unless there are more examples, what else can be said?

Babysafari Sun 17-Jul-16 19:12:25

Oh and constantly calling me when I'm on the toilet to see where his socks are or to ask if we've got any ketchup because he can't be bothered to look beyond opening the fridge door is hardly him being terrified he will do something wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now