AIBU to get our nanny to take dd to the doctor because I can't face it?

(228 Posts)
6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 22:58:16

My dd is wetting herself again, no pain , no other signs of infections. Doctors appointment Monday. I only work two days a week but for those days we have a nanny who comes to look after the children.

Every time I go to the doctors he questions me on why I am so anxious - is anyone harming me at home.

Last time he said "why won't you let me help you?". I feel terrible when I leave.

AIBU to just get our nanny to take her - I feel terrible not being there but I'm not sure my mental state can take another 10 minutes of questioning.

acasualobserver Sat 16-Jul-16 23:00:26

Do you, in fact, appear anxious during the appointment?

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:01:22

I probably do grin

usual Sat 16-Jul-16 23:02:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aeroflotgirl Sat 16-Jul-16 23:02:52

Why not request another DR.

JinkxMonsoon Sat 16-Jul-16 23:04:04

He sounds like a decent GP who is genuinely very concerned for you.

justdontevenfuckingstart Sat 16-Jul-16 23:04:30

Is it possible that the 2 are linked? Not sure why your doctor would jump to you being harmed at home tho? that's a bit of a stretch.

Wolfiefan Sat 16-Jul-16 23:04:42

If you are suffering with anxiety then yes let nanny take DD. (how old is DD?)
Then book a separate appt to get help for your issues.

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:05:35

I am anxious but there's nothing that the doctor can do to help. I can't request a different doctor as its only him at the time of day I can get there. Also I actually like him he is very good when the kids are ill.

So is it awful to just send her while I am at work?

Buggers Sat 16-Jul-16 23:05:55

You don't have any little bruises on arms the Dr has noticed do you? I'm always covered in little bruises, I get small thumb sized ones on my wrist that probably look bad but I'm just ridiculously clumsy. I hate it when people pester you like thatangry!

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:06:30

Sorry I do already take medication for anxiety.

acasualobserver Sat 16-Jul-16 23:07:19

Well, is there something bothering you that the doctor - or someone else - could help you with? Or are you just a nervy type who would prefer to be left alone? If the latter, then, sure, let the nanny take her. Otherwise, as pp suggests, ask for a different doctor.

Wolfiefan Sat 16-Jul-16 23:07:38

Perhaps a change or increase of meds or another treatment? Why do you think the GP can't help?

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:08:15

i was having a difficult time at home - things are a lot better now plus even if they weren't it is nothing a gp could help with!.

Yes I do have lots of bruises I have really pale skin (red hair) and bruise really easily.

Scarydinosaurs Sat 16-Jul-16 23:09:15

Do you think the doctor sees the root of your DD's bedwetting in your anxiety? Are you generally anxious or just at the doctor's?

Are you avoiding going to the doctors because you know he has a legitimate medical concern for you- or because the doctor is wrongly distracted by your anxious state and not focusing on your daughter?

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:09:32

I am very nervy yes I prefer quite days at home to anything else blush

Scarydinosaurs Sat 16-Jul-16 23:12:21

Are your bruises self inflicted or from your partner?

CalleighDoodle Sat 16-Jul-16 23:13:03

In what way were you having a difficult time at home?

acasualobserver Sat 16-Jul-16 23:13:05

It sounds like letting the nanny take her might be worth a try. Perhaps your own anxiety is clouding the picture a bit?

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:14:42

I am not sure what he will say about her bed wetting - she hasn't been for over a year.
Last time I went was to take my baby with a chest infection he gave antibiotics and then spent the next ten minutes asking about me. In the end I just said I had to go to pick up my older daughter .

Wolfiefan Sat 16-Jul-16 23:15:08

Yes how were you having a difficult time and what makes you think the GP can't help?

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:15:20

Scary they are just accidental bruises not from any kind of harm

WorraLiberty Sat 16-Jul-16 23:15:46

How old is your DD?

I must say, it's quite unusual for a GP to ask outright "Why are you so anxious, is anyone harming you at home?" And "Why won't you let me help you?"

He's either a drama queen or he sees something quite worrying.

To answer your question, if your DD needs to see a doctor I don't think you should make it the Nanny's job to take her.

6timesthemess Sat 16-Jul-16 23:16:21

My husband was suffering with depression a couple of years ago Wolfe. It was a really bad time.

AlpacaLypse Sat 16-Jul-16 23:17:41

Of course let nanny take dd.

And then have a really good long think about why you're so paranoid about taking yourself to GP re your own bruises.

YY some of us do bruise and mark like the drop of a hat.

Are you really one of them or are you making excuses?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now