Talk

Advanced search

to think dh needs to see a doctor? pic, sorry

(20 Posts)
pathwaypark Sat 16-Jul-16 14:59:11

dh was hit in the eye by a tennis ball. i think it needs to at least be checked out but he says that it will be fine? but don't they all!? be honest does he? if so, what kind? as im not a hcp

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 16-Jul-16 15:00:42

Yes, not particularly because of the blood shot but because the pressures of the eye needs to be checked .

KayTee87 Sat 16-Jul-16 15:00:49

Probably will be fine but no harm in him trying to see an optometrist today for a look - they should all be open on a Saturday.

U2HasTheEdge Sat 16-Jul-16 15:03:02

He needs to go.

A&E or the opticians today.

You don't mess with eyes, my son was hit in the eye and had bruising behind his eye that needed checking up on for a while plus drops.

londonrach Sat 16-Jul-16 15:03:08

Yes

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 16-Jul-16 15:03:36

Yes definitely get that seen. Eye pressure is the issue as mentioned by Dame.

I'm in the only go to A&E "if you are a) dead or b) dying c) have an essential body part actually hanging off" camp, but I'd go for that.

I'd be worried about it rupturing but I'm not a doctor.

U2HasTheEdge Sat 16-Jul-16 15:04:24

I say A&E because in my area you get sent to A&E for any eye issues and walk in clinics won't look at them and we have a special A&E department for eyes.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sat 16-Jul-16 15:05:01

I was just going to post: you don't fuck about with eyes!

...but I was worried about some of the more literal and delicate folks that abound on the boards these days getting upset.

maisiejones Sat 16-Jul-16 15:05:22

Get it checked asap. Need to make sure there is nothing going on inside the eye.

pathwaypark Sat 16-Jul-16 15:05:31

Thank you

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sat 16-Jul-16 15:06:01

I had this in both eyes after diving (rookie mistake and mask pressure issues). Got checked, all was fine but doc said to always check with blood vessels in eyes.

minisoksmakehardwork Sat 16-Jul-16 15:06:07

I'd go. A&e would be able to put him through to the opthomology dept who would be best placed to say whether it will heal fine or needs a little more attention. Would be nothing worse than ignoring it and losing sight for the sake of not sitting waiting for a while.

TheFairyCaravan Sat 16-Jul-16 15:07:50

I'm a "you don't go to A&E unless you're half dead" type but that definetly needs looking at.

As my nan used to say, eyes are precious.

Nanunanu Sat 16-Jul-16 15:10:11

Unless you have an eye casualty near by you may be best seeing an optician so they can do the pressure test if necessary.

antimatter Sat 16-Jul-16 15:10:26

Yes. Don't eait till Monday!

IAmNotAMindReader Sat 16-Jul-16 15:12:05

With that amount of blood showing in the white part it needs to be seen to today.

Crinkle77 Sat 16-Jul-16 16:01:31

Gosh yes. I know someone that lost an eye playing squash so yes make him go.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 16-Jul-16 16:03:51

Crinkle- yep,a friend damaged his eye very badly. Definitely get it checked OP.

nocoolnamesleft Sat 16-Jul-16 16:21:22

To be fair, he only needs to go get that eye looked at right the fuck now if he'd be bothered if he went blind that side.

Of course, he'd be an utter moron to not be bothered by that risk.

IAmNotAMindReader Sat 16-Jul-16 23:36:41

My DH woke up one morning with a blurred spot in the centre of his vision in one eye. He had an opticians appointment a couple of days later where they referred him to the hospital. He couldn't be bothered going saying it would be fine and clear up in a few days.

It didn't. The blur developed into a blind spot and now he only has peripheral vision in that eye. In the centre, he can detect blobs and colours but that's it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now