Talk

Advanced search

Who is BU?

(12 Posts)
shopaholic999 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:00:16

Third world problems at all that but DH has really pissed me off this morning!

So..DH has been after a painting for our living room for quite some time, I'm not overly fussed either way..but yesterday he turns up from work with a painting that he's bought from someone who he's done work for. Never consulted me about it and it turns out this painting was £130..we are far far from being well off and can ill afford to spend money on such items. Wasn't an option of taking it back so it was I either like it or lump it..!!

Spoke to DH this morning about a decision to sell the bulky double pram for a double buggy as I'm starting to struggle to push a nearly two year old and 6 month old in it. I have said I'll sell the pram before I buy the buggy..hopefully sell the pram for £200 give or take and buy the buggy for no more than £150 (already seen the one I want). DH has had a right old whinge about it saying I just like spending money unnecessarily, my argument is, is that I really need to change the pram and it won't cost us anything to do so.

I'll add that the pram I have now was bought second hand so we won't be loosing much if any money at all.

I've said to DH that he has no room to talk as he's just spent £130 on a fucking painting..wtf!! But...he doesn't see it as we've paid for it as he has agreed to work at the blokes house until he's paid the painting off so therefore it hasn't cost us anything. I'll also add DH is self employed so if he's working at this persons house to pay the painting off, he's unable to be elsewhere getting paid for work!! But he doesn't agree saying it's not costing anything. By the way, he goes by the motto of "time is money"..!

Double standards much???

Please tell me he's bein a dick and tell me that I am right, I like being right for once.

Like I say, third world problems but I'm pretty pissed off at him as he just doesn't get it!!!

PotOfYoghurt Sat 16-Jul-16 12:03:32

It does sound annoying, and he really has no case about the pram as you'll be profiting £50 by your estimate.

Also, the phrase you're looking for is 'first world problems'. Third world problems would be famine, dirty water, lack of shelter and sanitation. Malaria and all that.

WorraLiberty Sat 16-Jul-16 12:05:38

Third world problems?? grin

Onesieisthequeensselfie Sat 16-Jul-16 12:06:45

Yanbu about the pram.

Yab a bit u about the painting if he's working it off. I think it's up to him if he wants to do some extra work in return for a painting he wants.

pictish Sat 16-Jul-16 12:08:11

Well...it's one rule for him and another for you clearly.
He is bu. Do what you like with the pram.

pictish Sat 16-Jul-16 12:09:27

Agree that he can work off the painting if he chooses to. £130 isn't any great shakes in time terms.

shopaholic999 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:18:14

grin yes first world problems indeed..something about it didn't sound right but could figure out what..I've cheered myself up a little!!

Oh it definitely is one rule for him and one for me! It happens quite often but the most irritating thing is he never accepts it. Even when I say, admit you're being a dick..he looks at me like he agrees completely but just can't utter the words!

I have no qualms whatsoever about him working to pay it off, it's just that he thinks we've got the painting for free as we haven't actually coughed up the cash upfront!!

shopaholic999 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:19:42

And that he's moaning at me changing the pram at no cost at all. The mind boggles!

hotdiggedy Sat 16-Jul-16 12:21:04

Does he do most of the pushing of the pushchair? If not then I wouldn't even bother asking his opinion any more. Just go ahead and do what what you need to do then spend the £50 profit on a pair of marabou feathered slippers with diamantes on them.

pictish Sat 16-Jul-16 12:22:04

Oh it definitely is one rule for him and one for me! It happens quite often but the most irritating thing is he never accepts it.

Then that is a more serious issue.

shopaholic999 Sat 16-Jul-16 12:23:14

Hardly ever uses the pram..I wasn't actually going to mention anything just like he didn't about the painting but thought it was only right to discuss it. In future I will just go along with what I think it best..as I am always right wink

hotdiggedy Sat 16-Jul-16 12:31:52

Hurray!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now