Talk

Advanced search

To think DH should have made sure he knew about this

(5 Posts)
SenoritaViva Sat 16-Jul-16 07:56:26

My lovely friend died recently, she was under forty with your children. I am incredibly sad about it.

The funeral which was for close friends and family was yesterday. DH and I had had discussions about it and we decided he didn't need to come. Over the week we discussed plans, what the funeral involved, had I sorted childcare etc. The night before we had a discussion and tears from me about it.

Aibu in thinking he should have cared enough to know when the funeral was? He's appalling with any planning and leaves it all up to me. But at end of day yesterday he asked me when it was and got all defensive when he realised it had been and gone. It also meant when he left for work in the morning and I returned afterwards that he offered no kind words or support.
Feel very let down but realise I am grieving and sensitive.

Flisspaps Sat 16-Jul-16 08:04:13

YANBU.

I'm sorry for your loss sadflowers

OhTheRoses Sat 16-Jul-16 08:10:24

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

Your husband should have been more practical and emotionally aware. I'm sorry he wasn't. But it did stay on his radar and he did ask, it's just the actual date had slipped. I can see my dh doing something similar and on balance he's more than an ok dh.

You've had a rotten week. Don't make it a rotten weekend by hanging on to this and having a row.

flowersbrewcake

Veryflummoxed Sat 16-Jul-16 08:12:32

Sorry for your loss flowers I don't think YABU however maybe during discussions your dh was concentrating on your grief rather than practical arrangements (which you said he's never any good at, so running true to form). I hope he is able to offer the comfort you need right now and you are able to accept it.

SenoritaViva Sat 16-Jul-16 08:51:47

Thank you for having balanced views. Hard when you're feeling emotional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now