Advanced search

To think dh could support me about the noisy neighbours

(7 Posts)
ConfuciousSayWhat Fri 15-Jul-16 19:49:49

We live in a semi detached property and next door are our parents ages so hearing loss is kicking in. However they insist on having their TV stuck on the party wall at a volume that means we can hear it over and above our TV.

This is ontop of other noise issues with them such as talking loudly outside their front door/under our bedroom window at antisocial hours

I have health issues (including migraines) which are significantly affected by sleep deprivation and when I have a migraine I need as near as dammit silence (which I can get in my bedroom bar their yakking and their TV!)

Dh says live and let live and ignore it. But I can't when it causes me physical pain

I've tried talking to the neighbours and had no result. I'm on a very short fuse!

Standingonmytippytoes Fri 15-Jul-16 19:56:10

I suffer from migraines too so I understand the need for silence. I doubt your neighbours will change their behaviour. Could you try earplugs perhaps?
What would you like your husband to do? I assume he's had a word. Maybe complain to the council about the noise at unsociable hours.

ConfuciousSayWhat Fri 15-Jul-16 19:57:41

He refuses to speak to them and leaves it all to me. He also doesn't want to go to the council for fear of reprisals

ChicRock Fri 15-Jul-16 19:59:54

why do you imagine your DH speaking to them will produce a different outcome to you speaking to them? confused

ConfuciousSayWhat Fri 15-Jul-16 20:00:40

Because the husband of the couple doesn't listen to women

ohtheholidays Fri 15-Jul-16 20:02:11

Speak to the council OP,it doesn't matter what your husband wants this is affecting your health and needs to be sorted out.

00100001 Fri 15-Jul-16 20:03:53

just go to the council!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now