Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be annoyed at Dh?

(14 Posts)
TormundGiantsbabe Fri 15-Jul-16 18:12:44

I've waited in all day with toddler Dd, for a workman who was supposed to arrive this morning. Dh had arranged it so I texted him at midday to double check what time the workman was getting here.

Dh replied that the workman had asked if he could come this afternoon instead, and was that ok with me. I said yes and so I waited in all afternoon too.

Dh gets home, still no workman. Apparently he forgot to confirm with him that this afternoon was ok.

So the work needs rearranging for next week. Meaning I wasted the whole day (and did a load of unnecessary tidying in preparation!), which I have to repeat next week.

Dh thinks I'm unreasonable to be annoyed and frustrated at him for this complete breakdown in communication, am I?

Mummaaaaaah Fri 15-Jul-16 18:14:03

sorry but I don't think the biggest deal in the world! annoying yes. worth stressing over, no!

FeckArseIndustries Fri 15-Jul-16 18:41:06

That's really fucking annoying, and thoughtless. I'd be pissed off he didn't give a fuck second thought to me waiting in at home. Next week either you contact the workman, or he waits in. And get one that won't piss you about if possible.

Doinmummy Fri 15-Jul-16 18:43:38

Tell DH to rearrange and make him wait in .

RB68 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:03:01

He is not the one tethered to the house. And yes make him take the time off next week and see how he likes it, but I suspect if he has to wait in he might bother to sort out an exact time etc

HicDraconis Fri 15-Jul-16 19:12:17

Why could you not get the workman's number from your DH and communicate directly?

I think YABU purely for not sorting it yourself. I can often get distracted at work by something that often takes up all my time and concentration, if DH relied on me to organise things from work and then let him know we'd never manage anything. If you're at home waiting for the workman, you should be calling to confirm times with them directly.

Arfarfanarf Fri 15-Jul-16 19:21:25

No. It's irritating.
Take the workmans number and talk to them yourself. Tell them to arrange directly with you since you're the one who will be waiting in.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 15-Jul-16 19:28:15

Very annoying! And if your toddler is anything like my DD was, being cooped up all day means bedtime will be a nightmare. I'd be passing that privilege on to DH if at all possible! xx

AyeAmarok Fri 15-Jul-16 19:30:47

It's annoying.

And it sounds like he doesn't value your time if he's not even sorry.

mzS1990 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:31:24

A little annoyed yeah.

But it was an accident.

Not worth making a thread over. Poor hubby lol

It's not waiting in that's a problem, it's waiting in with a toddler............

george1020 Fri 15-Jul-16 19:43:59

Yes it's annoying!
I think a nice takeaway, bottle of wine and some sweets for dd are in order from DH! Tell him mumsnet said so wink

AntiHop Fri 15-Jul-16 19:55:38

That would annoy me. Thoughtless. It's frustrating waiting around all day.

TormundGiantsbabe Fri 15-Jul-16 20:21:40

And if your toddler is anything like my DD was, being cooped up all day means bedtime will be a nightmare

Oh yes... Bedtime was almost an hour and a half ago and Dd is still wide awake yet grumpy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now