Talk

Advanced search

to have expected more from fabletics?

(4 Posts)
angstybaby Fri 15-Jul-16 11:09:59

terrible fit, some products are poor quality and massively overpriced. But the worst bit is the VIP system; it's basically a con. You think you have plenty of choice but if you can't wear the salar capri or crop, then that rules out about 85% of the outfits. Exchanging is nightmarish: in order to be able to exchange something you must swap it for something of exactly the same price, otherwise the system can't process it. The only way round this is to return the item and wait for your account to be credited. However, this takes quite some time (10 days or so in my experience) and the longer you stay a member, the more likely you are to forget to skip a month. If you don't skip a month, then fabletics essentially help themselves to £44 (this is a store credit but I found it so difficult to find something I actually liked, I was on the verge of just giving up and letting them keep the money). You only get a few days in which to skip the month. All in all, my worst ever shopping experience.

confuugled1 Fri 15-Jul-16 11:19:17

I don't know about Fabletics specifically but I must admit I always assume that those sort of regular payment clubs to purchase something tend to be set up to benefit the club owners rather than the purchasers.

In the past there used to be book clubs - they were always a big con too.

The only 'book club' that is any good is actually not a proper book club at all - it's the Book People and although they have a regular magazine and lots of offers, you don't have anything come through automatically. You just get to look and see what they have and order what takes your fancy. And because they cherry pick books that are likely to be popular, they're able to get away with good prices because they can buy significant quantity without needing to carry loads of stock of the other books that will only sell the odd one or two, as a book shop would have to.

I'd just get out of it asap, and buy yourself a nice workout outfit (or whatever it is they send you) every month or two or three when you see them - bet you'll end up spending less and with the right number of outfits you need and that you're happy with!

BarbaraofSeville Fri 15-Jul-16 11:23:42

In what situation would a subscription to workout clothing ever be a good idea? It just seems such a bizarre concept.

idontlikealdi Fri 15-Jul-16 11:26:20

I agree Barbara, an utterlly odd concept. I like working out, I like work out gear but I just cannot imagine a subscription for a new outfit every month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now