Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think there should be an app to organise my finances!?

(41 Posts)
smudgedlipstick Wed 13-Jul-16 18:40:18

I can find apps for the most ridiculous things, but finding a decent financial recorder or organiser of some sort is proving impossible angry any recommendations?

Capricornandproud Wed 13-Jul-16 21:27:42

Following!!!

Paintedhandprints Wed 13-Jul-16 21:33:59

I'd be a bit worried about how secure an app would be (probably no reason to be though).
How about a nice excel spreadsheet?

bettyblueeyes83 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:35:20

You Need A Budget! (YNAB). Been using it for a couple of years, it's brilliant.

NewtoCornland Wed 13-Jul-16 21:35:58

I think there is one called YNAB? I may be wrong though!

Ilovemygsd Wed 13-Jul-16 21:36:06

There are lots of budget apps

Ilovemygsd Wed 13-Jul-16 21:37:28

Spending tracker is a good 1, doesn't have to be linked to your bank either, takes a bit to set up. Puttin all DD and salary oh days in and stuff but then pretty much runs its self

OnionKnight Wed 13-Jul-16 21:38:11

Yup YNAB is great.

autumnboys Wed 13-Jul-16 21:39:42

YNAB - life changing!

Tworingsandamicrowave Wed 13-Jul-16 21:47:13

I use Account Tracker for iPad and it's brilliant, v easy to use. Enjoy!

pearlylum Wed 13-Jul-16 21:47:47

I'm interested in what these budgets actually do.
I don't budget my money, i don;t feel the need to- we are not high earners by any stretch, do you find budgeting helpful?

HappyHeart87 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:49:14

Money Dashboard all the way!

KayTee87 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:51:05

I use excel spreadsheets if that helps?

Sallycinnamon1974 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:52:33

Another vote for YNAB here. I think you can get a free trial for a month too. We've been using it for over a year and it's brilliant.

Flowersonthewall Wed 13-Jul-16 21:52:51

Ynab is great

wherehavealltheflowersgone Wed 13-Jul-16 21:53:39

I used to use YNAB but it's all changed now and doesn't work angry

Which app will synch my phone with my DH's phone's app?

JackieAndHyde4eva Wed 13-Jul-16 21:53:53

There are lots of budgetting apps. What is it that the ones youve found are missing?

Maybe83 Wed 13-Jul-16 21:57:27

I just got YNAB now called goodbudget. I have found it brilliant the last few weeks especially now I have the hang over it.

It doesn't link to you real bank accounts. You have virtual account/cash in purse. You allocat money to envelopes and then when you spend money add the transaction and decide which envelopes you want it to come from. It's really focused my spending habits. I get paid monthly and dh weekly and every euro has a job so I actually even managed to save a small amount of money last week which is unheard of. I'm converted.

MrsHathaway Wed 13-Jul-16 22:01:42

We use YNAB and it's certainly been useful for working out what we spend and, in particular, making it easy to save for regular big expenses such as nursery bills (termly), car insurance, etc.

Syncs between two laptops and two Android phones. DH can download a file from the credit card company and the bank to sync with it as well but don't ask me how.

It takes a lot of discipline mind you.

LexieSinclair Wed 13-Jul-16 22:16:49

I second the spending tracker app.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 13-Jul-16 22:17:16

I also don't really budget because I can't be arsed entering and counting figures. I have a very simple spreadsheet and we are lucky that our income exceeds our expenditure and all our money is in a Santander 123 account, so that's savings and current account combined. I'm a saver not a spender so I have no urge to keep spending until there is nothing left.

I also see no need to write down every penny I spend, but I suppose if you have no idea where all your money goes and don't realise things like getting a coffee from Costa every morning will end up costing £50/60 pm or whatever, I can see that it is useful.

The only thing I do is regularly check that all bills like gas, electric and broadband are on a good deal and that there is enough money availabel to pay the DDs which there always is.

pearlylum Wed 13-Jul-16 22:43:33

barbara I agree.
I am a saver too. I can'y help feeling that a budget allocates spending money- a sum to burn a hole in your pocket.
Like you I make sure that we are on the best possible deal for all necessary household bills, often than means me changing provider yearly.
Other than that I couldn't see how a budget planner would work.
OH and I don't spend much at all,we earn more than we spend and simply save it.

SpiritedLondon Wed 13-Jul-16 23:01:01

I've used Spending tracker but that may not be exactly what you're looking for. It allows you to record your income and expenditure which is useful if you're not sure where your money is going. In my case it was lunches and coffees so I have managed to make significant savings by reigning that in.

pearlylum Thu 14-Jul-16 07:19:23

* lunches and coffees* this is why I am questioning the use of such things.
I am very aware of how money can be frittered away on things like lunches, coffees, magazines, the odd bit of make up, impulse buying clothes etc.
For those of us that don't have the inclination to waste money like this I can't see it being a lot of use.

Callmecordelia Thu 14-Jul-16 07:28:55

Pearlylum - we don't have lunches or coffees much, but YNAB helps us save. We know exactly how much to save and how close we are to our goal. I was always a saver, but YNAB has helped us a lot by making those savings specific.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now