Talk

Advanced search

to think VB kissing Harper on the lips

(103 Posts)
Teapot101 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:15:17

is ick to say the least! We used to have an aunt who went in for lip smackers which required a strategic twist of the head at the last minute. Sorry, I find it yuck. (I love kissing my children and hugging them lots)

DerelictMyBalls Wed 13-Jul-16 15:16:12

Thanks for sharing.

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Wed 13-Jul-16 15:17:13

Don't kiss VB on the lips if you find it 'ick' then. Problem solved.

JellyAnyDots Wed 13-Jul-16 15:17:13

No. I kiss my daughters on the lips often. I think it's lovely.

Abominablebride Wed 13-Jul-16 15:17:36

I can't say I even noticed when I looked at the picture originally. Whole lot of fuss over nothing imo

LaurieMarlow Wed 13-Jul-16 15:17:40

hmm

MagnumAddict Wed 13-Jul-16 15:19:51

Thanks for sharing is the funniest and best response possible.

Thank-you derelict for making me smile today!

katienana Wed 13-Jul-16 15:20:09

No I think people who find it icky are the ones with the problem.

NavyandWhite Wed 13-Jul-16 15:20:24

You're late to this aren't you OP?

It's her daughter, nothing ick about it.

notamummy10 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:24:09

I'll sleep better knowing your opinion.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 13-Jul-16 15:26:50

yawn.

RubbleBubble00 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:28:23

My 3 nd 5 year old give you big smackers whether you want them or not (snotty nose makes it grim lol)

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:28:33

It's fine.

Teapot101 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:29:46

Guess i find it strange because my parents wouldn't have done it so it's not normal behaviour. Unless I march up to her and say "Put that child down You're disgusting" I don't think it's a problem for me. I don't think my children have missed out on affection because I kiss them on the cheek. Personally it made me uncomfortable as a child.

DonkeyOaty Wed 13-Jul-16 15:30:41

whateves [makes big W sign on forehead]

x2boys Wed 13-Jul-16 15:31:48

I kiss my kids on the lips and dh they are the only people i do hmm

Creatureofthenight Wed 13-Jul-16 15:32:24

It's not normal behaviour in your family, looks like it is in hers. Fancy that, not everyone is the same!

MagnifiMad Wed 13-Jul-16 15:34:00

I think the advice not to kiss VB on the lips if you find it ick is excellent.

I would also suggest you widen your view of "normal" - I am sure your parents did lots of things that others would not consider normal.

Continue not kissing your children on the lips if you or they don't like it.
I also don't kiss my kids on the lips but I don't give a jot of thought as to whether others do or not.

MrsDeVere Wed 13-Jul-16 15:35:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrawberrytallCake Wed 13-Jul-16 15:37:24

I don't kiss my children on the lips because my parents didn't kiss me on the lips, and none of our family friends kissed their children on the lips.

This doesn't mean that people who do are weird or odd. That's totally up to them and my feelings are neutral towards it. This has only become a problem since meeting dh who's family are lip kissers, he's fine with not but pil and even uncle in law decided kissing our 7 week old on the lips was ok (a few years ago now) I felt really upset at that!

I know this thread will be deleted - bun fight etc - but thought I'd share my vaguely dull opinion on the matter wink

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 13-Jul-16 15:38:14

I kiss my dc on the lips all the time. It doesn't make them uncomfortable. I thought everyone did tbh.

My parents didn't. They are not affectionate people to say the least.

VinoTime Wed 13-Jul-16 15:43:51

OP, why is it 'icky'?

MackerelOfFact Wed 13-Jul-16 15:46:50

Kissing kids on the lips is fine, but in the VB photo she's got a bit of a head-tilt going on that makes it look a bit snoggy.

But I can't get worked up about it.

practy Wed 13-Jul-16 15:48:04

My nephew when he was young, used to give all adults he liked a big smacking kiss on the lips, whether they wanted it or not.

Teapot101 Wed 13-Jul-16 15:51:06

Vinotime because rightly or wrongly so I view lip kissing as sexual and cheek kissing as love/ affection. I'm not suggesting that VB is kissing for sexual pleasure, that's just my association and what makes me uncomfortable. I do understand that people are diff. and it's been discussed before (3 years ago). But it's of no interest don't read the thread? It's a bit like Brexit this, you're allowed a view as long as it's the same as mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now