Talk

Advanced search

To actually hate my employer right now

(5 Posts)
Cutecat78 Wed 13-Jul-16 13:49:08

End of Nov I accused a colleague of sexual harassment (I posted about it here and posters were horrified and told me to report report - ESP as my job involves working with teenagers).

Accused was suspended which he turned into sick leave in Jan (bad back therefore accruing annual leave).

He is now signed off until end July and then has August off with all the leave he has accrued.

His job then no longer exists and he will get a £30,000 redundancy payout.

On questioning my union rep he has told me that yes they will probably let him slip away although they will have to put this on any future reference he requests (with his sick leave).

He has completely avoided the disciplinary process.

I know this is not uncommon. AIBU to think this is fucking disgusting and can see why people think there is no point whistle blowing in large public sector organisations?

They are too fucking scared to follow through.

InternationalHouseofToast Wed 13-Jul-16 13:54:21

are you sure? Where I've worked in the public sector any ongoing action has to be seen through before you accept their notice or provide their redundancy payout. It stops them coming back in 5 years, or going to a similar organisation and causing the same issues there.

Cutecat78 Wed 13-Jul-16 13:56:30

The general concencus (among colleagues and my Union rep) seems to be that I am correct sad

Mouikey Wed 13-Jul-16 15:16:54

That seems a very strange way of dealing with it. Especially if he was already suspended, then put on sick leave and now made redundant. I assume that the post isn't needed for the organisation as they won't be able to refill it.

He would have/should have been given the opportunity to resign, but I've only ever heard of these approaches that you mention in the long distant past.

Sorry you went through it, it wouldn't have been pleasant.

Cutecat78 Wed 13-Jul-16 19:30:26

He was suspended then he chose to go on sick leave (who knew you could do that?!) and his whole team were made redundant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now