Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone else made it into their forties without having wisdom teeth appearing or needing to be removed?

(97 Posts)
Rainbunny Tue 12-Jul-16 21:18:08

I wonder about this occasionally since I just never seemed to have any wisdom tooth "activity" occur in my mouth but so many people I know have had them removed. My teeth are pretty straight and look and feel the same as ever. I just wonder since it's seems that more people have them removed than don't?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 12-Jul-16 21:20:01

Mine are only half way through and have been like that since they came through, I'm 46.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Tue 12-Jul-16 21:20:33

Just be grateful.

Wisdom teeth are horrid buggers.

Canyouforgiveher Tue 12-Jul-16 21:21:02

never got mine. I tell my children it is because I am further up the evolutionary ladder than them.

OpheliaMoo Tue 12-Jul-16 21:21:25

Mine keep pushing through, slowly, slowly - no problems at all, dentist said I have a big enough mouth grin

useyourimagination Tue 12-Jul-16 21:23:01

Mine appeared in my 40s. Hurt for a while (like teething I suppose), then nothing.

lovelybangers Tue 12-Jul-16 21:23:04

Mine are fully through now - but only in the last few years - and I am almost 50.

They started to grow from age of about 19 -but only very, very slowly.

However - no problems with them. I must have a big mouth tooo Ophelia grin

DramaAlpaca Tue 12-Jul-16 21:24:13

I've got all mine and haven't had any removed.

They came through when I was doing my A levels, so very early. I remember that getting them was very sore.

Mari50 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:25:52

My wisdom teeth are impacted, they occasionally get infected and they're a pain in the arse because the gum is only half broken so I get food particles stuck and it stinks. Wish my dentist would pull them out but apparently not a candidate.

SixtiesChildOfWildBlueSkies Tue 12-Jul-16 21:27:58

Late 50's here with not a wisdom tooth in sight! I've seen an x-ray of them and they're actually laid on their sides facing the next tooth in line to them. I like to think they're sleeping. grin

Rainbunny Tue 12-Jul-16 21:29:16

Interesting, I had rather hoped that if I had made it into my forties then the likelihood of them appearing would be all but zero. Seem I'm not out of the woods yet! I always forget to ask my dentist about them and they've never said anything.

JuneFromBethesda Tue 12-Jul-16 21:29:26

never got mine. I tell my children it is because I am further up the evolutionary ladder than them

I don't have any either, and I say the same grin Very grateful for it though!

OpheliaMoo Tue 12-Jul-16 21:29:35

I've just realised I'm not in my forties...... but they same thing applies!!

bibbitybobbityyhat Tue 12-Jul-16 21:31:01

I am in my 50s and don't know if I have my wisdom teeth or not.

flipsahoy Tue 12-Jul-16 21:31:27

Some people don't get them at all. I only got the top ones and x rays showed there are none on the bottom row waiting to come through. I was told it's hereditary but I've never checked the validity of that statement...

Rainbunny Tue 12-Jul-16 21:32:57

BTW - I just love mumsnet for things like this. Thank you posters! There are so many random things I wonder about going through life, sometimes it's just nice to get a common response IYKWIM!

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 12-Jul-16 21:33:16

Im not far off 40 and have impacted wisdom teeth - they appeared last year when i was pregnant.

No issues so far

Out2pasture Tue 12-Jul-16 21:33:25

closer to 60 and no I don't have any.
hubby has all 4.
2 of 3 children had all 4 (removed) and one only had one (removed)

OrangeRhinoInTraining Tue 12-Jul-16 21:34:08

Two of mine are partially through (no trouble when they came in). Dentist has no intention of doing anything to them which I am VERY happy about!!

pleasemothermay1 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:35:06

Had 3 removed when I was younger my forth has given me right gip was in hospital with an infected one for two days couldn't keep anything down anti biotics nothing not even water really made me very ill

Having it out in a few months

CazY777 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:35:14

Yes, I'm early 40's and I don't have any. I had an x-ray a long time ago (in my teens) and they told me then that I don't have them.

HermiioneSnape02 Tue 12-Jul-16 21:37:23

Mine keeps trying to push through. I have partially erupted wisdom teeth. I'm 40. Just last week.
They drive me mad.

SophieLion Tue 12-Jul-16 21:37:27

I'm in my forties and have had all my wisdom teeth for years. Don't remember when they came through.

Never had any trouble with them (but apparently I have a large jaw so plenty of space for them!)

tinytumble Tue 12-Jul-16 21:38:45

Never got mine either - X-ray shoe no sign of them - and yes I use the further up the evolutionary ladder thing too grin

tinytumble Tue 12-Jul-16 21:39:10

Show obvs, not shoe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now