Talk

Advanced search

Holiday in September...I need coping tips please!

(1 Post)
NeedACleverNN Tue 12-Jul-16 18:26:18

My grandad died in May this year and my nan has received a one off payment of his pension.

She wants to go for 5 days to butlins in a caravan me, her, dh, ds, Dd and then my mum (her daughter), my dad and my little brother (same age as Dd).

At first it was all ok because my mum and dad had to pull out due to work commitments. Today however they have re-arranged everything and will be able to go. I am now bricking it.

I get on ok with my parents but sometimes they push their luck too far.

My mum has perfected the role of spoilt daughter for my nan, demanding we do things when she wants to do it, and controlling parent for me to get her own way all the time.

My dad goes along with my mum but he is always so PA with me.

My little brother can be very lovely but my mum manages to guilt trip him all the time when he accidently wets himself and things like that. Makes me slightly uncomfortable because I've had to grow up hearing it.

Going off on my own without them isn't an option. It's "family" holiday and I don't want my nan to feel upset but people going off and doing their own things.

Anyone get any tips on how to ignore my dad and to stand up against my mum so we don't have to do everything she wants to and not what others do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now