AIBU to be pissed off with my GP?

(4 Posts)
chocolatecakemakesmefat Mon 11-Jul-16 08:16:01

Been in pain and having sickness for ages and my normal gp puts it down to gallstones and sends me for scans I've been for 3 there is no bloody gallstones! So woke up 2am with the most excruciating pain in my lower right side went to gp 3pm Friday and thankfully seen another GP he phoned the surgeon at the local hospital and they seen me straight away (thought it was appendix) however it isn't and now I'm out and have to return in a few weeks for a colonoscopy the consultant reckons it's something along the lines of chrons , after all that I'd asked a few weeks ago for a b12 blood test (im anaemic) was told no nothing wrong with you that would warrant a blood test blah blah blah , my memory and concentration has been shit the last few months on top of the extreme tiredness! My bloods came back at the hospital and I'm severely anaemic again!!!! The hospital let me have my b12 injection and it has finally kicked in and I feel as if my batteries have been seriously recharged I feel so much better! The consultant is going to phone the GP and give her a bollocking because this hasn't been dealt with properly at all , so AIBU to be seriously pissed off that I've been suffering for so long because of her complete incompetency angry?

Paulat2112 Mon 11-Jul-16 08:18:17

Yanbu at all, of course not. I hope you get everything sorted soon. Are you going to complain about the gp?

chocolatecakemakesmefat Mon 11-Jul-16 08:26:52

Thank you smile feeling better after my injection anyway which is a relief and have some painkillers , I'm going to phone the head at the practice and have a word because I'm really not impressed I've struggled to eat for months and dropped so much weight it's unbelievable , had no energy to do housework cooking anything ! Poor dp has had to struggle to get it done when he gets home from work it's took such a massive toll on all of us , I also have two DC one with SN so can't be tired all the time sad

kate33 Mon 11-Jul-16 09:06:08

Hi, so sorry you've been feeling so awful. I think you absolutely can and could put a complaint into the practice manager about this GP who hasn't been doing their very importantant and well paid job correctly. My dp recently saw the most atrocious doctor who dismissed his concerns and was very patronising. When we saw an alternative GP the next day she urged us to complain while making arrangements for my oh to be admitted to hospital. Of course the most important thing is that you're feeling better OP! If I could work out how to add the flowers icon I would!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now