Talk

Advanced search

I was NOT pushing in the queue

(17 Posts)
Hedgehog80 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:22:06

This is probably not really an actual issue but something happened today that upset me. I'm sleep deprived and over emotional so that is contributing to how I feel.

Dd had an event today. We got there a bit early so as to sort her out due to medical problems. So, we were signed in and put all our bags in dressing room. Dd 1 then called to say she couldn't find us and was apparently just outside so I went out with dd2 to find her (I thought she would be quite nearby). She wasn't but I found her anyway.

There was then a queue at the doors for signing children in. As we had already signed in I said excuse me to someone so we could go round the other way and get into the dressing room (needed to get in ASAP to check dd2 and get her ready, have a snack etc etc) suddenly someone shouted out "there's a QUEUE here" I turned and said I know but we've already signed in. Then somebody else says the same then more joined in.
I turned and looked at them, went to say something but thought actually it's not worth it and I carried on into the dressing room.

I wasn't actually pushing in, I wasn't holding them up in any way as dd was already signed in and I was staying with her. It's a complete non issue but it really upset me. I have spent the whole day juggling things to keep her ok and well enough to take part and I hated being shouted at and made such a negative centre of attention
I wanted to scream at them "oh fuck off! I'd much rather be where you are standing waiting with a child who can wait rather than rushing to be here early and trying to get everything just right so dd doesn't collapse on stage"

Everything else went well and dd had a lovely time but I think this is just my way of processing how I feel that's probably ridiculous but it's been such a hard day

AndNowItsSeven Sat 09-Jul-16 22:23:41

Don't worry about it some people are idiots. Glad your dd had a good time.

Whinyleonard Sat 09-Jul-16 22:27:15

I agree, don't let them upset you which is easier said than done and this is the kind of thing that would cast a black cloud over my day. flowers

Hedgehog80 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:28:55

Thankyou

It's just one of those instances where you're trying g to hold it all together and something like that just happens. I wanted to cry which is silly

Heidi42 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:32:56

aw bless you my dear don't take it to heart I am sure none of the mouthy horrible queue are even remembering it now

maras2 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:43:56

I was only thinking about you today hedgehog.Apart from some people being shitty today,how are you and yours doing? I haven't 'seen' you around lately.

Hedgehog80 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:50:16

We are ok thanks-muddling along as usual! I've learnt to try and take things just one day at a time rather than catastrophising everything and worrying what might happen (I've been seeing a great counsellor)

Dcs are doing ok, lots of appts as usual but trying some new meds for dd1 which I'm very hopeful about. Everything else is much the same but we are coping as best we can. I haven't been on here for a while as I needed to sort out some issues surrounding PTSD properly with therapy rather than offloading on an Internet forum as it had become unhealthy for me.
Today was just a day when I think tiredness got the better of me in a situation I should have been able to brush off

Ditsy4 Sat 09-Jul-16 22:53:49

What a great achievement for her.
Some people are just arsey. They think they know when they don't. Stage mothers! I saw a bit of an American programme ( 5 mins) I couldn't believe what they were like.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 09-Jul-16 22:59:06

brew
wine
chocolate

ohdear.lovely.hoping.tomorrow.is.better.

maras2 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:07:52

Aw hedgehog flowers brew cake You're a great mum.

sallyjane40 Sat 09-Jul-16 23:16:21

Awww, it's horrible when one person has a go at you, then all the rest join in - it'd be upsetting for most people; but you didn't do anything wrong at all, they misunderstood and were rude. Try to put that part of the day behind you though, and think about the good parts :-).

buttbutt Sat 09-Jul-16 23:20:17

I feel your pain. This is the sort of thing that would shake me too, so YANBU to feel upset. People are sometimes just arseholes. If it helps...I try to ask myself if I'll still be bothered a year from now, then a month from now, then a week from now. But they're still arseholes flowers

LauderSyme Sat 09-Jul-16 23:28:10

Sounds like you are dealing with an awful lot and doing a wonderful job of it flowers
You're not ridiculous at all, this would bother me too. You were unfairly accused and ganged up on, and weren't really in a position to defend yourself. All of that is upsetting.
Those people were arseholes. My ds did a stage performance type activity for a while. I could not believe how nasty a lot of the parents were, I used to dread dropping him off and picking him up because the atmosphere was so vile.

Hedgehog80 Sun 10-Jul-16 00:00:03

Took me by surprise as the parents who also attend the same groups as us Are really lovely. These were from different classes and although they were probably rushed off their feet too I just thought it was really unnecessary

Still, it's done now I need to forget it and think about how well everything else went. It was a lovely day/evening I just hate having those moments when you want to cry and run !

bewarethewalkers Sun 10-Jul-16 00:36:52

Try and get some rest now OP and don't give it anymore heads pace. You are doing a grand job flowers

StarryIllusion Sun 10-Jul-16 18:32:37

Everyone is fucking miserable today. Must be in the water. Unless it involves a shotgun, I'm done dealing with people today. Unreasonable, rude, twattish hordes, the lot of them. Well done to your daughter, glad she had a good day.

Therewere5inthebed Sun 10-Jul-16 20:07:04

I tend to dwell on negative experiences like yours was today, the more I think about it the more it upsets me. I try hard now to see things for what they are rather than assuming it must have been something I've done. Some people are just fuckwits and there's nothing you can do about that sadly. Focus on your DD's achievements and don't waste another thought on them. 💐

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now