Talk

Advanced search

to be so cross at the CSA changes

(5 Posts)
memorial Sat 09-Jul-16 08:08:43

So I have had a letter from the CSA saying my agreement with XH will cease to exist from the end of the year. Just like that, because they are becoming a new agency.
So I have to start all over again.
And they strongly push the "sort it out yourself". Anything else involves payment, which I can live with, but it's the thought of having to go through the whole process again.
My ex is a controllling narcissist and its only removing all interaction about money that allows us any kind of civil conversation about the children .
Am feeling so stressed and anxious that I almost don't want to bother. But the money pays for all the kids extras (swimming Etc). And I don't see why he shouldn't have to pay
AIBU to think why couldn't they just have transferred arrangements over to the new agency.

Ednamoda Sat 09-Jul-16 08:18:50

I'm in the same position. It's a complete pain but I will go through the payment route. It costs but at least it will be managed by someone else and I won't have to attempt communication with my unbearably narcissistic ex.

starry0ne Sat 09-Jul-16 08:19:12

I have no doubt this is a money saving exercise and nothing at all to do with helping RP's

You should make a new claim..Don't engage in discussions..Tell him it will continue as before but put it into account..Do not engage in discussions..The negative thing I have heard is some NRP are lowering payments but not enough to trigger direct payment..

I am still under CSA and get £5 a week but I don't do it for the money. I did however with my yearly review letter find out he had changed his name so I will continue to know he is alive, not in prison and what name he has for when my DS is older.

HuskyLover1 Sat 09-Jul-16 11:33:41

The letter sent to the non-resident parent, was so badly worded, it almost tells them that they can stop paying. And so, that's exactly what my ExH did. They must be raking it in, as everyone who wants to set up a new case, has to pay £20.

The only positive, is that the new agency (CMS), can go directly to HMRC for salary info. My ExH convinced the CSA that he earned £35k per year. I told them this was impossible, as he earned double that 8 years ago. When the new case was opened, he was non-responsive, so they went to HMRC and this showed he earns £132k per year. So, he has been under paying me for years and years. I complained. The CSA said they could only re-calculate payments if it could be proved that I had disputed his salary. They can find no record of my numerous phone calls, because nobody bothered to log them. So it's just tough luck!

He has now managed to convince the CMS that he earns £60k, even though they know he earned £132k the year before. Even though they know that he previously lied. Why are they listening to him? They are all as thick as mince, I swear.

PrincessHairyMclary Sat 09-Jul-16 11:44:56

Ex Texted me asking what we should do, he always likes to present a united front until I don't agree with him about something. I told him that I would be using the service because having the middle man means there's no arguing about money

That's true, but also he's a twat that put off paying any maintenance for 3years, job hopping and I know if I don't bend to his whim about something he just won't pay. I earn enough to pay the fee and it serves him right for being an idiot before. Don't see the fee as taking something from DD as she wouldn't get it at all if he decides to go back to his old tricks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now