Talk

Advanced search

Don't you just hate it when .........

(15 Posts)
maisiejones Fri 08-Jul-16 19:33:51

........ you find a completely mad thread on here during your lunch break and look forward to seeing how it's developed when you get home, only to find it gone! I'm talking about the one from a manager who gave a member of staff compassionate leave in case her child was kidnapped. I was loving it.

Thisismyalias Fri 08-Jul-16 19:34:50

Aww was it hairy handed trucker? grin no suprise

Mrsderekshepard Fri 08-Jul-16 19:35:01

Yep! Always happens

CrazyDuchess Fri 08-Jul-16 19:36:10

No I don't think it was a trolled - MNHQ deleted it because it kinda lost the plot grin

franklyshankly Fri 08-Jul-16 19:40:14

BUT WHAT HAPPENED

I'm dying to know

Untethered Fri 08-Jul-16 19:40:26

I missed the end too! Did the OP agree with others that her colleague was making it up to get time off? (Or something like that?)

NeedACleverNN Fri 08-Jul-16 19:41:09

The op never came back and we was having loads of fun playing with gifs

Nanunanu Fri 08-Jul-16 19:42:41

This is why I'd prefer threads to be locked not deleted. I always want to know what happened between my lunch time and home time moochings

CrazyDuchess Fri 08-Jul-16 19:49:12

The gifs were bloody hilarious!

GinIsIn Fri 08-Jul-16 19:57:01

I am choosing to believe the OP rampaged round there with Liam Neeson and a pitchfork to post thin crust pizza under their door. Yup. Pretty sure that's what happened.

MrsWorryWart Fri 08-Jul-16 20:58:11

Oh FGS, I came on to find out and wondered where it had gone! 😤

DownUnderBound Sat 09-Jul-16 22:40:42

Does anyone know what we would have to do to convince MNHQ to consider freezing instead of deletion? It drives me mad and I cannot see any harm in us at least being able to read the rest after we put in time and effort to reply to the op in the first place. hmm

ErNope Sat 09-Jul-16 23:36:38

While I agree it can be v frustrating, I really can't see it working any other way. what about racists/discriminatory posts that upsets lots of people? or threads that protect someone (even a childs) identity? Your curiosity could get someone very hurt...

MmeGuillotine Sat 09-Jul-16 23:57:58

I'm currently really annoyed that there was apparently a 'my mother isn't actually my mother!' thread on here earlier on that got zapped. I actually DID have that happen to me (the classic 'SURPRISE! YOUR SISTER IS ACTUALLY YOUR MUM!' scenario) and really want to know what happened although I would probably have got all sucked in and felt like a total dick because I've never met anyone else that has had the same experience irl! I wish they'd just freeze them too, not get rid of them though. Pah.

EdmundCleverClogs Sun 10-Jul-16 00:01:28

MmeGuillotine, it's happend in my immediate family (actually, more than once - Eastenders has nowt on my family), you're not the only one. Missed that thread though, shame.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now