To think my friend totally cockblocked me

(189 Posts)
Cockblocked Fri 08-Jul-16 17:36:27

Met a guy at the weekend whilst out with my mate. Didn't manage to change numbers, no worries it happens.

The next day she sent me a picture message of a message he had sent her on FB asking for my number (they have a mutual friend). She asked me if I wanted to give it to him and I said yes. A week passed and no fact, she even asked me twice if he had text.

Anyway I've just had a message from him on FB (not sure how as my FB is totally locked down, with my first name and middle name). He said he knows I didn't want to give him my number but wanted to message just in case I changed my mind.

I messaged back and said oh I told X to give it to you. He sent me a screenshot of their convo where she said oh I don't think she's up for it sorry!

She totally just cockblocked me didn't she?

Cockblocked Fri 08-Jul-16 17:37:23

She has form for it. Will often wedge herself in between of me and a bloke in a club etc.

She's married (unhappily) so it's not like she was in with a chance!

AbsolutelyIDo Fri 08-Jul-16 17:37:28

That's really not something a friend would do! How close are you supposed to be?

converseandjeans Fri 08-Jul-16 17:38:19

Yes!

pussinasda Fri 08-Jul-16 17:38:31

did she fancy him she sounds abit jealous

AgingJuvenileBinkyHuckaback Fri 08-Jul-16 17:40:09

Bloody hell. That's completely unforgivable. Call her on it, then tell her to fuck off and stay at home with her boring husband in future instead of coming out with you.

Cockblocked Fri 08-Jul-16 17:40:22

Very close! Best friend close...

ElspethFlashman Fri 08-Jul-16 17:40:32

I'd bloody go on a date with him now just to wind her up tbh. <childish>

Biscuitbrixit Fri 08-Jul-16 17:40:37

Yeah! But question is now, what are you going to do about it?!

HerRoyalNotness Fri 08-Jul-16 17:41:00

shock. That's rather peculiar of your friend. Glad he got in touch, sounds like he's interested to see you again

I did have a friend though that when going out for dinner with a bloke she liked and asked if I wanted to go with them, she told me to "dress down". I refused the invite. It's not as if I'm Elle macpherson

Euphemia Fri 08-Jul-16 17:41:20

So are you going to see him?

Cockblocked is a totally new one on me! grin

DraenorQueen Fri 08-Jul-16 17:41:27

Have you called her on it?! She's horrible!

Cockblocked Fri 08-Jul-16 17:42:33

I've sent her a message saying WTF, did you tell that guy I didn't want to give him my number?!

Hissy Fri 08-Jul-16 17:45:38

Ditch her! Fucking hell what a nasty jealous conniving bitch! No wonder her relationship is tanking! I bet you don't know the half of what she does/says.

Deffo go out with him.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 08-Jul-16 17:45:54

I'm intrigued to know what she says. Especially if she denies it, unless you've already told her you have proof?

nannylife Fri 08-Jul-16 17:45:56

wow that's pretty odd! Is she jealous do you think? Let us know what she replies

Floggingmolly Fri 08-Jul-16 17:46:44

Cockblocked... Did you coin that particular phrase yourself?

sooperdooper Fri 08-Jul-16 17:47:01

Good for you for calling her on it!

Are you going to meet him?? You really should!!

AbsolutelyIDo Fri 08-Jul-16 17:49:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MUjunkie Fri 08-Jul-16 17:51:34

Wow what a GREAT friend 😂😂😂 yep you were definitely cockblocked! I'd have to say something to her! What a bitch! How does that saying go..."who needs friends..."

wizzywig Fri 08-Jul-16 17:53:20

Who is finn? And i must congratulate you on the phrase cockblock. I want to use it but have no idea when i will

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Fri 08-Jul-16 17:54:48

Cockblocking really is a word these days. Not made up by the OP.

Your friend acted appallingly. Hope you and handsome stranger have a very happy future together. grin

Pinkponiesrock Fri 08-Jul-16 17:54:49

I'm so using that word, although being married I don't think I'll be subject to being a cockblockee, more likely I'll be the cockblocker grin

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 08-Jul-16 17:55:01

Cockblocked is really common round here. I never thought it was regional!

She did. I think you may need to actually call her on it, too, although it'll be interesting to see what she says if she doesn't know you've seen a screenshot.

I'd struggle with her lying. And deciding she knows better than you. She was going to let you think that he'd just decided not to text you, when she'd decided he shouldn't. That's pretty close to unforgivable, in my book.

Careforadrink Fri 08-Jul-16 17:55:24

Cockblock is straight out of Geordie Shore lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now