To be a bit sad that my confidence is vanishing, again

(1 Post)
Anonymouses Fri 08-Jul-16 10:12:16

Last week I was a bridesmaid for a good friend. I normally live in jeans, t-shirts, converse and no make up. I had my hair all fancy, make up on and a posh dress that I thought suited me ok. It was totally out of my comfort zone and I was self conscious but I thought I looked reasonable at least.

There were 6 of us in total including my very best friend. It's now a week later and although DH and my best friend told me I looked great I've now had about 15 people come up to me and tell me how great my best friend looked or how great someone else looked.

I expect everyone to compliment the bride but AIBU to think it's a little harsh to come up to me and tell me things like "you did a lovely job, wasn't X beautiful" "oh the wedding was so lovely, X and X looked amazing." Literally about 15 people telling me to tell my best friend how gorgeous she is.

She is gorgeous by the way but what about the rest of us? Can't you throw me a bone here? "You all looked great but I was so surprised at X she looked amazing" is great just that I've heard every other name but mine as compliments have gone round and it just makes me a little sad. It was a huge difficult thing for me to be bridesmaid and I feel like a frumpy mum as it is.

I know only my DH's opinion matters but my self confidence has been in tatters for years and this is the ONLY time I've ever dressed up in front of these people. (it was a full church wedding and I've been in the church for a good few years and longer than some other bridesmaids so I know a lot of people) It just would have been nice to have someone impartial tell me it was worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now