To not know whether to reply?

(14 Posts)
Milkymilkywaywayy Fri 08-Jul-16 01:06:23

Long story short, went on a couple of dates frw months ago. Liked the guy, he was shy but sweet, first date was better and less awkward more tipsy than the second. We semi stayed in touch but both v busy and living in different places so not really.

I was actually thinking of contacting him today randomly but decided against it as there wasn't a huge spark for me (although he was nice) and I just thought well, what's the point.

He very weirdly messaged today though, completely out the blue, asking how I was and how things had been.

Although I was intrigued at first, now I'm a bit more pragmatic and not sure what can really come of it. Why after all this time?? I'm also not sure if there's any chemistry. I do think he's nice though.

Birdsgottafly Fri 08-Jul-16 01:15:18

What do you want, are you ever going to get it from him?

Im probably a lot older than you, but I know what I want from whoever I meet and now cut my loses, early.

Sometimes there might be a big physical attraction and I decide that sex is all. I can't fake or grow to fancy someone, there's got to be a spark to build on, being nice isn't good enough.

Milkymilkywaywayy Fri 08-Jul-16 01:17:25

I don't know... You're right. I like a lot things about him and I'm intrigued as to whether I might like him more as I get to know him if that makes sense?

Birdsgottafly Fri 08-Jul-16 01:31:42

If you meet up again, stay sober, don't build up a fantasy about where it could lead to and judge him on his actions, including taking time to get back in touch.

Milkymilkywaywayy Fri 08-Jul-16 01:34:50

Yeah that's another concern. We have both been very busy and he has just returned to the country actually. But I feel a bit put out/curious too - why now?!

bellabelly Fri 08-Jul-16 01:35:21

was actually thinking of contacting him today randomly but decided against it as there wasn't a huge spark for me (although he was nice) and I just thought well, what's the point.

He very weirdly messaged today though, completely out the blue, asking how I was and how things had been.

IT IS FATE!!! Reply, go on...

Milkymilkywaywayy Fri 08-Jul-16 01:37:43

Haha bella, I do think all the timing is a bit woo if I'm honest grin

BengalCatMum Fri 08-Jul-16 01:54:52

Yeah it is fate...

I believe some peoples brains are just connected if they have a 'connection'.

In your cause you may not have realised as maybe you are closed to the idea (for some reason). But thats not to say your brains haven't subconsciously connected.

Me and my bf will often message/ call at exactly the same time, TBH it does happen with my closest friends too, so is not necessarily sexual, but considering how little you know him, I suspect in this case for you it is.

But then I am quite spiritual so this will be waffle to most others.

Message him - wooooo, you have nothing to lose grin

OlennasWimple Fri 08-Jul-16 01:56:56

DH often phones me when I am just picking up the phone to call him, my mum too...

Reply in a non-committal way and see where it goes...?

BengalCatMum Fri 08-Jul-16 01:59:53

AND he just got back from holiday! shock

awww OP, he's been thinking about you
of all his family and friends ect he will need to catch up with he messages you; and you 'knew' he was back (by thinking of him).

GarlicStake Fri 08-Jul-16 02:38:46

I feel a bit put out/curious too - why now?!

Erm, could it be because

he has just returned to the country actually.

- which would be why you thought of him just now, too.

Honestly, some people! grin

Sure, see him if you've got nothing better to do. Don't build it up into anything it's not. Have a nice time smile

Milkymilkywaywayy Fri 08-Jul-16 03:14:04

Thanks, good advice!

Haha I am a real sucker for fate so def going to make sure I just take this at face value.

Nothing to lose by replying, I guess!

ktalgfdk Fri 08-Jul-16 12:50:18

Reply!

ktalgfdk Fri 08-Jul-16 13:06:42

I also think it's fate wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now