Talk

Advanced search

To offer to pick this person up?

(4 Posts)
FourForYouGlenCoco Fri 08-Jul-16 00:03:20

Sold my car online - so obviously collection only. Buyer getting train down to mine to collect it - I offered to pick them up from the station (we live rural-ish, station is about 4/5 miles away and bus links are pretty shite - no direct bus from station to us). Have spoken to buyer on phone, was all fine and normal-seeming.
Have now had falling out with DH because I offered to pick buyer up. Apparently I am an idiot and have no common sense and shouldn't go round collecting strangers. I figured it's not like I make a habit of it, plus they'll be coming to the house anyway! I wouldn't do it generally but in this instance I think it's ok.
Who is BU??

WorraLiberty Fri 08-Jul-16 00:08:16

Neither of you really.

My mate almost sold a car in the same way, but the person turned out to be a con artist.

I would probably ask someone to accompany me and I'd say the same to my DH if he'd arranged to pick a stranger up.

EveOnline2016 Fri 08-Jul-16 00:10:58

How are you getting back home

FourForYouGlenCoco Fri 08-Jul-16 00:34:22

Eve - we have a new car! Old car is at home on drive, was going to pick up in new car and drive home, and then presumably buyer drive old car away.
Worra we moved v recently & I don't really know anyone yet, else that would have been the perfect solution.

As it is, a warning light has come up on the new car so I can't drive it anyway. Buyer is taxiing here (I assume).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now