AIBU to take DD for vaccine?

(8 Posts)
BagPusscatnip Thu 07-Jul-16 22:25:22

I am booked to take my two DDs for their meningitis B vacs tomorrow. We are having them done privately at Boots. My problem is that DD2 who is two and a half has had a bit of a temperature today and been a bit whingey and tired. Should I cancel her appointment in the morning or wait to speak to the pharmacist as I am taking DD1 anyway? Could she even have the vaccine if she has been poorly in the days before? Thanks

Musicaltheatremum Thu 07-Jul-16 23:05:52

I would delay if she has a temperature. The men B jag is associated with a fever so it would be difficult to work out if Ill or vaccine

geekymommy Fri 08-Jul-16 01:28:21

I'd tell the pharmacist the situation. I'm sure it's not the first time they've seen something like this happen. Then accept their judgment of what to do.

Birdsgottafly Fri 08-Jul-16 01:33:16

Let the pharmacist decide, as geeky said.

Jackanory1978 Fri 08-Jul-16 01:38:52

They won't give it if the recipient has has a temperature within the last 7 days.

cazsur76 Mon 18-Jul-16 21:57:36

Hi I'm having my lo vaccinated at boots . Has anyone else had there lo s vaccinated and were they ok . I'm really wobbling about having it done

PersianCatLady Mon 18-Jul-16 23:34:52

I just found this piece of advice on the NHS website -
"If your baby is ill with a fever, put off the vaccination until they have recovered."

ShelaghTurner Mon 18-Jul-16 23:43:07

Mine are down for next week at Boots. DD2 has a broken leg, I promise I haven't tried to google whether it's ok with broken limbs blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now