Talk

Advanced search

To be worried about my neighbours or is it none of my business?

(8 Posts)
WaitrosePigeon Thu 07-Jul-16 21:40:17

Cut a long story short, my neighbour's girlfriend moved in about 8 weeks ago. Since then about 3-4 nights out of 7 they will start arguing about this time of night. She wails and screams, they call each other names, often it wakes us up (walls are v thin).

I know he's at work tomorrow, shall I knock and see if she's ok, let her know I'm here if she wants a chat?

Or should I wind my neck in?

WaitrosePigeon Thu 07-Jul-16 21:40:45

Ps they are arguing now and have been since about 9pm.

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Jul-16 21:43:42

I wouldn't because it sounds as though you're automatically blaming him.

Perhaps spend some time casually getting to know her, and see how the land lies/what their problem is?

WaitrosePigeon Thu 07-Jul-16 21:44:47

I don't want it to seem as though I'm blaming him. Takes two to tango and all that.

I never see either of them so it's hard to catch them on their own.

coco1810 Thu 07-Jul-16 23:19:04

If they are renting, I'd have a word with the landlord. At least then they know that you can hear everything. They could be arguing because they're drunk or on drugs. Just keep a distance and call the police if you suspect DV.

whatamockerywemake Thu 07-Jul-16 23:51:52

I think if you see her out and about (do some light weeding!), engage her in conversation and ask her if she's ok and tell her she has options if she says not. (she does - google DV and your nearest local big town or city for support)

But be very, very careful about getting involved, esp as you live so close.

EveOnline2016 Thu 07-Jul-16 23:55:45

I would phone the police the next night you are getting disturbed by this antisocial behaviour.

The police can assess the situation better and are trained in spotting DV

WaitrosePigeon Fri 08-Jul-16 08:33:41

Thanks everyone. I will try my best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now