Help.. Question??

(11 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Thu 07-Jul-16 15:20:58

Posting for traffic as I haven't had any responses!

Hi Ladies!

Im booked in for a growth scan tomorrow and I'll be 39 weeks, I'm measuring for weeks behind and this is my second episode of static growth.

The midwife said yesterday that I'll have a scan then ill need to see someone to 'discuss my options'.... Will I be induced??

Thanks xx

MadameJosephine Thu 07-Jul-16 16:03:17

It all depends on the results on the scan. Measuring fundal height is not always an accurate representation of fetal growth and in the vast majority of cases the scan will be normal. However, if the baby is found to be smaller than expected (usually defined as below the 10th centile for gestation) or there is an issue with amniotic fluid or umbilical artery blood flow then, yes you would probably be offered an induction.

Best of luck with your scan, remember the vast majority will be reassuring

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Thu 07-Jul-16 16:03:50

I had a similar issue but at 35 weeks I wasn't induced, at that point anyway, as the baby was growing just slowly, I had good foetal movements and heart beat was strong and regular. However if they are worried they will induce I think especially at 39 weeks.
If it makes you feel any better I was induced with both my babies it was absolutely fine. Good luck

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 07-Jul-16 16:05:36

It will depend completely on what the scan shows, but it's a possibility so try and prepare for it if you can. flowers It's unnerving not knowing what's going to happen.

LouBlue1507 Thu 07-Jul-16 16:17:30

Thanks for your reassuring words ladies! Baby is showing below the 10th centile on my chart but I know that the measuring isn't accurate!

I'm going to try and relax and need to think the worst thing tomorrow is that I get to meet my baby sooner than expected grin

ConfuciousSayWhat Thu 07-Jul-16 16:19:45

Just be reassured that at 39 weeks your baby is fully cooked (actually from 37 it's fully cooked) so going early just means you avoid the uncomfortable boring bit grin

Birdsgottafly Thu 07-Jul-16 16:26:32

My DD was in a similar position, she was given two sweeps, with a view to induce her, but she went into labour. They were closely monitoring her and when she delivered the MW said that "there was nothing left in the Placenta" and it was lucky that she did labour without anything more than the Sweeps.

Good luck!

bewarethewalkers Thu 07-Jul-16 17:18:43

Op you do know you will need to come back and update is? Nothing like a live birth thread!

bewarethewalkers Thu 07-Jul-16 17:19:00

Us not is smile

LouBlue1507 Thu 07-Jul-16 17:35:37

Haha! Will do!

LouBlue1507 Fri 08-Jul-16 22:43:32

Hi Ladies!

I've been for my scan, all ey okay! Baby isn't small she's approximately 7lb5 (I know this isn't accurate)!

I'm glad everything is okay but I am a little disappointed I'm not being induced! 😅 I was hoping to meet my baby sooner rather than later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now