Talk

Advanced search

Tickets for a show

(10 Posts)
redpinkblue Wed 06-Jul-16 12:20:20

I'm prepared to be told that I'm being unreasonable here....

My friend's husband bought her tickets for a musical performer for her Christmas and she asked me to go. I said yeah I'd be up for it and asked how much I owed her for the tickets out of politeness. My husband has bought me tickets before for my birthday to take friend to a show and I wouldn't have dreamed taking money off her. Anyway, she wants the money for the ticket...AIBU to think that if you're gifted two tickets you don't charge the other person?

Maybe I'm a soft touch for not charging my friend previously? hmm

LouBlue1507 Wed 06-Jul-16 12:25:44

You offered her the money hmm Now you're pissed because she called your bluff?

MollyTwo Wed 06-Jul-16 12:26:54

You chose to offer her money, she didn't. So why are you pissed off?

KoalaDownUnder Wed 06-Jul-16 12:27:19

I agree with you, OP.

You offer to be polite. She should have refused.

redpinkblue Wed 06-Jul-16 12:27:32

I asked "do i owe you anything?" as I thought it was the polite thing to do...smile

HallowedMimic Wed 06-Jul-16 12:28:20

You asked, so she rightly assumed you'd be more comfortable with paying.

Your bad luck. Next time, accept graciously.

redpinkblue Wed 06-Jul-16 12:30:01

Yeah I will hallowed...it just seems a bit greedy. Perhaps others will disagree.

myownprivateidaho Wed 06-Jul-16 12:41:30

Oh yes, the polite thing to do in this scenario is to offer the £$€¥ then judge the other person if they accept. It's what all the ettiquette books recommend hmm

FeelingSmurfy Wed 06-Jul-16 12:42:29

I wouldn't have thought to offer the £ in this case, I am normally pay my way with everything, happy to pay for a whole meal etc but if the tickets were a gift and she needed someone to go with her then I wouldn't have thought to offer the cash

If I had offered the cash, or if I was the birthday girl and someone else offered the cash, then I wouldn't expect it to be accepted

redpinkblue Wed 06-Jul-16 12:53:04

grin judging you right now idaho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now