Talk

Advanced search

Or is the safe style U.K. Switchboard operator.

(18 Posts)
Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 20:09:30

I think he was a bit fucking rude tbh but then again I'm a bit hormonal due to being pregnant and fed up.

We're doing some renovations before the baby is here and wanted some new French does fitted so arranged to get some quotes.

I had a visit booked in for 7:00 pm tonight but I cancelled at 12:00 pm today due to Dh not being going to be back from work and thst Inwould rearrange tomorow when I know his new rota. They said they would call tomorow and that it was fine.

So at 7:15 there was a knock and it was the SS uk sales man. I told him I'd cancelled, he was ok with it.

Five mins later I recieved a call from SS uk from a bloke who was quite abrupt and cocky.

SS: hello Dutch did you have an appointment scheduled for this evening?

Me: yes

SS : yes he said you sent him away, did you phone up and cancel??!! (He had a accusatory tone to his voice)

Me: yes actuslky I did at noon today

SS: well I no one filtered that down to us - so I'll be kicking a few heads in Tomorow . hmm

SS : anyway did you reschedule? (Didn't give me any time to reply) Because I'll be personally ringing you tomorow

Me: no I havnt but I'll ring you when I'm ready. Ok bye.

It's really put me off! He sounded a right cocky shit! angry

ShatnersBassoon Tue 05-Jul-16 20:13:30

Ask about for recommendations for a local company. They'll be cheaper, easier to deal with and more reliable.

Littlepeople12345 Tue 05-Jul-16 20:15:44

Small local company would never treat you like that.

I'd have told him not to bother ringing back.

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 20:17:47

I'm going to ask for recommendations that's a better idea actually, I just thought they would be more professional!

little I have a feeling he will call tomorow and I'll tell him to sod off

Imnotaslimjim Tue 05-Jul-16 20:18:35

Don't use safestyle, they're awful. As PP suggested, try a local firm.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 05-Jul-16 20:21:01

Do not use Safe Style! I made the mistake of using them for a new front door and I haven't managed to get rid of them since.

The door is fine but they don't seem to understand that I don't want new windows and, because of their pushy attitude, wouldn't use them anyway! In fact, when we did need to replace a couple of windows we used a local company and they were excellent.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Tue 05-Jul-16 20:21:01

Oh god we had a quote from SS. I had to threaten police if he didn't leave. Seriously he was here for six hours.

Try a local place. Our windows were done by a local place and were 1/3 the quote from SS!

It's a Liverpool company if you're local!

BeckyMcDonald Tue 05-Jul-16 20:28:10

I have had nothing but trouble from Safestyle. They knocked on our door last year to ask if we were planning new windows. We were, so asked them in to quote. They said we had to book an apt so I reluctantly did so. They sent a really nice, non-pushy salesman out who told us they didn't do the style of windows we were after.

He left, and the next day someone from the company phoned and was incredibly rude, telling me I should have specified the exact type of wimdows I wanted before booking the appointment. They're not really all that unusual but not white uPvc and non-standard sizes. You would realise this just from looking at the house.

Anyway, he said that they did do the windows we wanted but that they would be four times he price we'd been quoted by a local guy. I suspect they were just going to subcontract out the job and put a massive mark-up on it. I politely told him no and he said 'I'm sure you can afford it and you wouldn't want the salesman to lose his job!' I put the phone down but they called back three times in the next two weeks, each a different salesperson and each apparently not realising I'd already said no. Then we started getting calls from all kinds of cold-calling companies out of the blue. Our home phone number had been a newly-issued one and we'd never given it out to anyone else. So they clearly flogged our number.

I'd massively avoid them.

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 20:30:13

I was gearing up to expect him to be pushy that's why I wasn't keen on doing it by myself as it was only for a quote!

He seemed ok it was the bloody plank on the phone!

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 20:31:41

becky shock

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Tue 05-Jul-16 20:38:50

Oh I had them ring me up, I answered. Got no reply. I said hello again, cue the caller and what sounded like half the call centre/room pissing themselves laughing. hmm

I looked up the number that's how I found out it was Safe Style. And no I've not heard a single good review about them either and wouldn't touch them with a shitty pole.

Bestthingever Tue 05-Jul-16 20:42:22

I would never deal with one of those national companies. We had a similar experience as Felicia with a guy from Weatherseal, except we think of threatening him with the police. Every time dh and I tried to leave the room to have a private conversation (about how to get rid of him) he would follow us, even upstairs. I contacted our local trading standards dept as I hate to think of what they could do to a vulnerable person but they were useless.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Tue 05-Jul-16 20:54:41

We had similar with Zenith and I wouldn't touch any notional. Ompany wiht a barge pole now. It's taken years and years for the phone calls and hard sell to stop.

One night we had someone call every 10 minutes or so for over an hour before we picked up, it was Zenith, selling us stuff.

We used a local company for our other Windows who were fabulous. I would always go local now.

TruJay Tue 05-Jul-16 21:12:32

When we were getting window quotes, SS was one of the quotes we got. IT WAS AWFUL the guy was really lovely at first but just droned on and on about stuff we really didn't need to know. Then, 2 hours later, when we finally got to the quote, it was 25 grand! Way out of our budget so he immediately halved it to 12,500 hmm DH said we had a few more companies to see and the guy got really aggressive and even swearing at us in front of DS, aged 1 at the time, shouting we had wasted his time etc etc it all ended with DH threatening to phone the police and him having to physically remove him from the house!

I wouldn't ever go to them for anything

HarryPottersMagicWand Tue 05-Jul-16 21:52:41

We used them in our old house as my GPs used them and got a good price. We did the same, I got a brilliant price.

However, they phoned so many time after! To check we were happy, did we want anything else done (er no, you did our front door and all windows what else is there). I'd say no but they would still phone back.

Then we moved. They've knocked around here a few times. Each time I've said we aren't getting anything done. They have phoned several times. They can't now as I have a phone that bars calls unless they are programmed in to my phone. SS are the only company to try and come through the announced calls system. They are very persistent!

I got a local company out as I did need a quote and he gave me a really good one. We now can't afford the windows yet but when we do I'll be going with the local company.

woodwaj Tue 05-Jul-16 22:06:01

Cancel them! We had them out in our old home to quote for a new front door. He was there almost 2 hours and wouldn't take it that we just couldn't afford it. They were very pushy and mithered a lot afterwards! I would never use them!

Arsenicinthesugarbowl Tue 05-Jul-16 22:22:00

I have my own persistent safe style story to tell! The phone sales guy ended getting irate after we explained thanks but no thanks. He persistently kept calling and when my DH told them quite firmly the guy told my DH as a parting shot "you come up here steal our women" confused I'm a northerner and DH is a southerner. Bonkers but made us laugh at the time!

Dutchcourage Tue 05-Jul-16 23:27:39

These guys are really bad! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now