Talk

Advanced search

To want to get out of here?

(8 Posts)
kensausage13 Tue 05-Jul-16 16:16:03

I don't really know why, but for the past couple of years I have had the overwhelming urge to move away from where i live (and have lived for my whole life). Just to experience somewhere else, different people, different culture. Not necessarily abroad (although i wouldnt be adverse). Just somewhere different.

I have absolutely no justifiable reason to do this. All mine and DPs family live nearby, we both have good stable jobs, a network of friends, our DS has nursery and his grandparents/cousins/friends on the doorstep. So i feel guilty and a little bit selfish for wanting to move away from all that. But i can't seem to shake this feeling of unsettledness.

AIBU? Midlife crisis? Or does anyone else ever have this?

Msqueen33 Tue 05-Jul-16 16:22:03

I feel like this a lot of the time. I have itchy feet plus I never wanted to settle down where I grew up. I hate it growing up but have ended up here as husband had a job near here and my parents live her and with two special needs kids I needed them nearby. What about holidays or breaks away in different places? Might cure the itch.

MumUndone Tue 05-Jul-16 16:32:54

I have permanently itchy feet, always wanting to move onto the next thing and next place. I feel like I'll never be satisfied!

DamsonGinIsMyThing Tue 05-Jul-16 16:39:31

I did it. I moved to a big northern city from my smaller northern city, it wasn't that far, less than 100 miles. But it was the change of culture I was after.
I went by myself, I've no significant other and no children. It was hard at first. But I ended up having a whale of a time. I moved back to my home town after 3 years to be closer to my aging parents.

kensausage13 Tue 05-Jul-16 16:55:26

Thanks for the replies. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with itchy feet!

redpinkblue Tue 05-Jul-16 17:54:09

kensausage where do you fancy moving?

I

kensausage13 Tue 05-Jul-16 18:15:56

I'm really not sure tbh...that's part of why i think I'm being a bit ridiculous! grin im craving somewhere quiet and peaceful...small village or countryside somewhere perhaps. Rural living really appeals to me...i think because ive always live in a busy town

redpinkblue Tue 05-Jul-16 20:50:45

Is there a compromise?

If you live in a large city, could you move to somewhere semi rural that's still relatively near?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now