Talk

Advanced search

wetsuits: can you be too fat and too old....

(11 Posts)
Hereforthebeer Mon 04-Jul-16 21:28:02

I'm going on holiday and want to buy a wetsuit... I'm not going to look amazing in it... but want to buy it anyway so I can go in the sea... AIBU to over think this... get the bloody wetsuit and go surfing

WhooooAmI24601 Mon 04-Jul-16 21:30:11

Nope, DH and I both own wetsuits and wear them each summer in Cornwall. We probably look like a swathe of manatees but I relish the feeling of not freezing to death in the cold English sea. Do it.

Meggymoodle Mon 04-Jul-16 21:31:15

No - if you can get one to fit you, you're not too fat and our 89 year old friend from church surfs in a wetsuit (he doesn't stand up any more apparently!)

Have fun!!

witsender Mon 04-Jul-16 21:31:43

Get one. They are invaluable. I've worn one since a kiddie and wouldn't be without one! And I am not small.

Sassypants82 Mon 04-Jul-16 21:32:55

Absolutely not! Good for you, don't hold back & enjoy the surf!

backwardpossom Mon 04-Jul-16 21:33:15

Never. Get one bought and surf the shit out of it :D

Jeffjefftyjeff Mon 04-Jul-16 21:34:41

i used to worry a lot about looking daft/ big etc but truly no one notices. Everyone too busy enjoying themselves

deepdarkwood Mon 04-Jul-16 21:35:25

A wetsuit transforms a British seaside - i love mine (and have recently taken up lake swimming too to make the most of it!). You will be just the same shape in a wetsuit or a swimsuit, and a hell of a lot warmer in the wetsuit!

Tartsamazeballs Mon 04-Jul-16 21:36:48

No fucking way. That's like saying "am I too fat for a winter coat?"

They're a functional item! I work at a watersports centre and I've seen a size 26 woman get in one of our wetsuits even though she was really nervous about people laughing at her at first. When no one cared she got out on her board and had an absolute blast.

Hereforthebeer Mon 04-Jul-16 21:38:13

WhooooAmI grin swathe of manatees lol

CMOTDibbler Mon 04-Jul-16 21:39:29

You cant be too fat or too old for a wetsuit. Just considerably warmer. I'm also in love with my neoprene socks and gloves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now