Talk

Advanced search

Woman slammed her car door into mine. AIBU.

(45 Posts)
yougotitdude Mon 04-Jul-16 20:17:16

Parked in tesco before. If anything I was too far over to my left.

Woman parked on my right and flung her door open with some force- it shook my car which I was still sat in as I was on the phone to mum I hate people who talk on their phone in supermarkets

Anyway I got out of my car to check the damage- and she had dented and scrapped the paint off.

She stared to walk off and ran after her and said "excuse me- but youve just damaged my car?"

She was on a crutch. She responded with "she has difficulty getting out of the car at the moment". I told her that was no excuse and I would be noting down her registration, taking photos and calling my insurance company. She had plenty of room and honestly must not of been looking when she opened the door.

Her daughter then piped up and called me "a heartless fat cunt".

AIBU?

TheWitTank Mon 04-Jul-16 20:18:27

Yanbu. Nothing heartless about it.

Lockheart Mon 04-Jul-16 20:22:11

YANBU at all. If she has difficulty getting out of the car then she needs to park at the end of a row, next to another empty space, or she needs to get someone (like her daughter) to help her get out of the car.

My dad has Parkinsons and difficulty getting out of the car - if I can't find a wide space (he has no BB yet) I either let him out before I park, or I help him out. No excuse.

Definitely take it up with your insurance company.

Ginkypig Mon 04-Jul-16 20:22:17

The fact her daughter reacted in that way coupled with the fact she didn't even consider leaving her details for you means that the infact are the cunts.

That is all!

Ginkypig Mon 04-Jul-16 20:23:00

They not the

YouOKHun Mon 04-Jul-16 20:24:32

YANBU - it doesn't take much to be careful of other people's cars but some people are 'careless fat cunts' aren't they?

SeemsLegit Mon 04-Jul-16 20:25:31

Go ahead and report them

CrazyDuchess Mon 04-Jul-16 20:26:29

YANBU at all... mobility issue are no excuse for coming out of the car like a twat... and this is coming from someone with mobility issues!

RaeSkywalker Mon 04-Jul-16 20:27:07

YANBU. This happened to me- brand new Range Rover, woman got out and made eye contact with me, then walked off. Then ignored me when I said "excuse me". Ended up following her halfway round the shop before she acknowledged me!

starry0ne Mon 04-Jul-16 20:27:37

Why should you be responsible for damage she has done to your car?

Pettywoman Mon 04-Jul-16 20:29:40

See if there's CCTV in the car park. Definitely get your insurance on to it.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crispbutty Mon 04-Jul-16 20:38:24

The woman was the passenger or the driver? The driver should have dropped her off at the doors and gone to park. Yanbu. I hope you took photos.

pinkieandperkie Mon 04-Jul-16 20:39:45

Classy daughter op

NavyAndWhite Mon 04-Jul-16 20:45:35

They sound just lovely hmm

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 04-Jul-16 20:48:09

As annoying as it is, I'd get the car looked at and a quote for the repairs before you contact your insurance people.

Even though it wasn't your fault, they are likely to class it as an accident which will effect your no claims bonus, and bump your car insurance up.

If the repairs aren't much more than the excess I really wouldn't claim.

I'm not saying what she did was right, but even if the cctv happened to cover your car and see it, you can't prove the dent wasn't already there etc. This is why car park damage is so difficult to sort.

BikeRunSki Mon 04-Jul-16 20:48:53

It wasn't the OP's daughter pinkie.

pinkieandperkie Mon 04-Jul-16 20:52:53

Her daughter then piped up your a heartless fat cunt.

MyAmDeryCross Mon 04-Jul-16 20:54:57

Report it. You may need a crime number for your insurance company. Daughter sounds revolting.

Tongue in cheek - why didn't they just park in the parent and child spaces?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:55:56

YANBU.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovecardigans Mon 04-Jul-16 21:00:49

Sympathies, OP. Some twunt dinged my car with their door in the carpark last week. I now understand why some people choose to park like this.

angry

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 04-Jul-16 21:01:41

Yanbu

pinkieandperkie Mon 04-Jul-16 21:08:45

need, yes I realise it was the lady on crutches daughter who made the disgusting comment about op. I was just saying classy daughter aiming it at her. Sorry for confusion.

WaitrosePigeon Mon 04-Jul-16 21:13:37

Oh dear that all soybds very angry.

I do get really pissed off with people that can't park though, by pArking too far other either side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now